Software Engineer II
Farmington Hills, MI, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 1+ years demonstrable professional experience or equivalent (such as an internship) and proven
- A strong interest in collaborating via code reviews and technical discussions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A growth mindset and an ability to learn quickly.
- Experience in developing solutions for consumer web applications.
- Exposure to audio/video streaming (HLS, AAC, MP3, MP4) is a nice to have.
- Exposure to architectural design patterns of highly scaled web applications.
- Experience writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests with Jest, Vitest, or similar.
- Ability to take part in on-call rotation to maintain key infrastructure and assist with build and deployment related issues.
- Nice to have exposure to tools & processes that enable continuous feedback loops for application development.
- Nice to have familiarity with trunk-based development.
- Nice to have experience building responsive and mobile web experiences.
- Nice to have understanding of React and related technologies.
- Nice to have experience with command of web standards, best practices, accessibility, and browser compatibility issues.
- Nice to have experience debugging and fixing performance issues in streaming applications, and optimizing playback
- Nice to have experience for devices in performance and/or bandwidth-constrained environments.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.