How you’ll make an impact:
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive Project Manager to join our Sourcing and Partnerships team. One who is a self-starter, focused on providing project management and leadership in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating independent work skills and strong work ethic, with a solid fundamental background in project management principles, leadership, and business skills. You will use your leadership and organizational skills to successfully implement SiriusXM projects, in compliance with project management methodologies and organizational policies. Your ability to coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including stakeholders from finance, legal, product, engineering, and other relevant departments will be essential to the Sourcing and Partnerships team’s success. This includes contributing to the successful execution of strategic sourcing initiatives, supporting the management of vendor relationships, and assisting in optimizing partnerships that drive business growth.
The Sourcing and Partnerships team collaborates with business leaders to drive strategic analyses, optimize business performance, and is responsible for identifying and engaging with suppliers and partners that contribute to the organization’s success while delivering best-in-class execution. From evaluating new product opportunities to driving cross-functional initiatives, the team formulates strategic recommendations with actionable insights that help make teams at Pandora + SXM more productive and successful.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for optimizing process, and exhibit a strong proficiency in project planning, execution, and cross-functional collaboration. They will also love working in an entrepreneurial environment and have a proactive approach to creating impact in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Plan Project:
- Prepare and communicate project goals, scope, communication plan, risk management plan, and expectations to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with senior managers and cross-functional teams to assist in the implementation of strategic sourcing projects, including data collection, analysis, and project tracking. Champion continuous improvement initiatives within sourcing and partnership workflows, identifying opportunities for operational efficiency enhancements.
- Prepare project timeline containing tasks, durations, resource needs and dependencies.
- Facilitate change requests, analyze and communicate impact to project and seek approval from business owner and/or steering committee.
- Execute Project:
- Manage team towards the on-time, on-budget delivery of the project.
- Track project milestones, change requests, action items, and budget.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risk.
- Facilitate the timely resolution of issues and escalate as needed to senior management.
- Coordinate and execute smooth (without interruption to critical services) and timely production launches.
- Ensure team adherence to the project process.
- Regularly report status to all stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date information in the project files.
- Project and Program Delivery
- Focus on predictable execution of product development and infrastructure projects
- Collaborate with Product, Technology, Finance, Legal, Risk, and subject matter experts to drive delivery of projects
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
- Manage all aspects of the project life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases of project completion.
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage scope to ensure agreed time, cost, and quality parameters are met.
- Close Project:
- Facilitate the transition of a project from implementation to maintenance.
- Identify and document lessons learned for future projects.
- Close out administrative matters of the project.
- Business Relationship Management
- Develop communication plans and interfaces to actively engage business partners.
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in briefing stakeholders on assigned initiatives.
- Provide accurate forecasts of performance to relevant business stakeholders.
- Communicate project and program progress to key constituents.
What you’ll need:
- Have 3+ years of project management experience, managing multiple concurrent initiatives
- Experience managing vendor relationships and third party contributors so that the work is completed of a high-quality, within scope, within budget, and on schedule variety.Experience managing project resources in a matrix environment.
- Experience supporting deliveries to a mission-critical production environment.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Experience in communicating status, risks and issues to project team and senior management.
- Ability to communicate effectively on projects with geographically and culturally diverse team members.
- Ability to listen, comprehend, negotiate, and disseminate information appropriately.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity including resources within a dynamic and versatile environment.
- Ability to maintain project data for the purpose of effective project communications, sound problem-solving and eventual historical retrieval.
- Ability to seek out information, logically trouble-shoot and/or escalate with relevant parties for the purpose of solving issues quickly.
- Identify potential issues in advance and implement measures to mitigate and manage risks.
- Ability to investigate and analyze issues, facilitate the identification of root causes and propose process changes for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to resolve scheduling conflicts for the purposes of resource planning.
- Ability to direct the efforts of multiple team members and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to navigate challenges and conflicts to ensure working towards a common goal.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to an audience of individuals from all levels within the organization.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.