Senior Software Engineer
Deerfield Beach, FL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Who We AreSiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day. SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platformscollectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers. How You’ll Make An ImpactThe Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, documenting, and integrating components for OEM implementations of a Sirius XM Radio. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of participating in an embedded SW development team, designing, implementing, and testing sophisticated software architectures, and will have been directly responsible for developing software. This position requires a detail-oriented individual that is a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment. What You’ll Do
- Design, document, and implement SiriusXM’s AAOS solution to bring SAT and IP streaming audio, data and accelerate integration of SXM 360L features to automotive partners.
- Support the full software development lifecycle from initial feature definition through software release and in-field customer support.
- Perform analysis of internal and third-party product requirements and specifications, understanding of software framework architectures and designs to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Participate in software design and review sessions with the software team and other stakeholders.
- Author software components, ensuring they meet functional and quality requirements.
- Utilize best practices in implementing software deliverables.
- Assist in supporting end-users of the software deliverables, providing support as needed.
- Perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
- Assist in the development of advanced Infotainment and Telematics features for SiriusXM Radio receiver products.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience required. Masters Software Engineering is desired.
- 5+ years of expertise in software, framework and application development for embedded consumer or automotive products (Instrument Clusters, Medical devices, Headunits, etc)
- Proficient in Java/Kotlin
- Experience in C/C++11 in an embedded environment
- Experience in front end/UI development (Qt/QML Framework, Flutter or equivalent)
- Experience with Android, AAOS, or Linux
- Experience with advanced software development environments (IDE, compilers, operating systems, source management tools, CI/CD, and test tools)
- Experience working with Android Open-Source Project
- Automotive Systems & Architecture knowledge
- Experience in building apps and app customization for Android Automotive OS
- Embedded and Real-Time System knowledge
- Working knowledge of Inter-Process Communication
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Ruby, Pythong, or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of XML, JSON, HTML
- Proven ability to build, iterate and ship products on time
- Experience with Android Studio
- Experience in Testing, in particular Unit & UI testing
- Google Automotive Services knowledge
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.