Senior Software Engineer, Web Core
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Who We AreSiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories, and music they love wherever they are.This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment, and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics, and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization, and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers. How You’ll Make An ImpactSiriusXM is rapidly expanding its services to drive further engagement of consumers via smartphones, tablets, PCs, and connected devices, while continuing to maintain and grow its adoption in connected cars. This position is part of the Core Web team, which is responsible for providing foundational support for SiriusXM, Pandora, & Stitcher applications across the Web and browser-based device ecosystem. As a senior member of the team, you will provide operational support for tooling and services critical to web development. You will be a partner to our developers, helping understand their needs and championing positive engineering practices. You will define, drive, and monitor success measures of our development pipeline, and seek to continuously improve the developer experience. This is a full-time position with the option to work 100% remotely for the right candidates. What You'll DoSiriusXM is looking for a creative and collaborative Senior Software Engineer with experience designing and building modern consumer web applications. As a member of our Client Engineering team, you will participate in important architecture decisions and play a key role in the development of SiriusXM streaming music services, used daily by millions of listeners. What You'll Need
- A strong interest in collaborating via code reviews and technical discussions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A growth mindset and an ability to learn quickly.
- 4+ years demonstrable professional experience and 2+ years developing solutions for consumer web applications.
- Experience defining tools & processes that enable continuous feedback loops for application development.
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with Docker, or other containerization technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD environments like Jenkins, Travis CI, or GitHub actions.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems across multiple levels of web application stack.
- Exposure to architectural design patterns of highly scaled web applications.
- Experience writing unit, integration and acceptance tests with Jest, Vitest, or similar.
- Ability to take part in on-call rotation to maintain key infrastructure and assist with build and deployment related issues.
- Nice to have familiarity with trunk-based development.
- Nice to have experience building responsive and mobile web experiences.
- Nice to have solid understanding of React and related technologies.
- Nice to have solid command of web standards, best practices, accessibility and browser compatibility issues.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.