Staff Network Engineer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Who We AreSiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day. SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers. How You’ll Make An ImpactThe Data Center & Cloud Network team at SiriusXM Pandora builds and operates the listener facing infrastructure that delivers hundreds of millions of hours of custom audio content to tens of millions of listeners every day. The team has end to end ownership of our multiple data centers, on-prem content delivery networks and our multi-cloud infrastructure. We believe passionately in configuration as code, scaling through automation and leveraging open source and self-developed software tools to deliver outstanding reliability and world class performance. This is a high-impact role that offers the unique opportunity to work on interesting problems at scale in collaboration with outstanding Technical Operations and software engineers. What You’ll Do
- Design, deploy, operate, and optimize network infrastructure from the backbone to the datacenter.
- Triage, diagnose, and debug network issues from load balancers to switches.
- Drive automation efforts towards a “Configuration as Code” paradigm.
- Provide subject matter expertise to software and systems engineers as needed.
- Support and maintain the networking aspects of a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Learn and teach skills and techniques within the production networking team and cross-functionally.
- Continuously advance standards and practices in collaboration with other engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related field
- 8+ years experience working on production network environments
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles. Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects. Creative writing ability.
- Thorough knowledge of Google Workplace and MS-Office Suite
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and supporting large scale global network environments.
- Deep understanding of and experience working with IP networking fundamentals TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6
- Experience working with Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto, F5, Juniper, etc. hardware platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of network protocols like BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, EVPN, DMVPN, IP Multicast, SD-WAN.
- Experience with L2/L3 switching architecture design, VLANs, VPC, MLAG, HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, LACP, STP, RSTP, VTP, QoS, ACLs.
- In-depth knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls, Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN, with experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco AnyConnect, and site to site VPN technologies
- Proficient with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools like Sniffer, Wireshark, Syslog, NetFlow. Experience in OpenNMS, Solarwinds, or Datadog a plus
- Extensive knowledge with cloud computing platforms, like AWS and GCP
- Experience automating network devices with tools like Python, Ansible, Terraform, Go, etc. Self-disciplined, self-starter who can work on complex project involving multiple teams.
- Experience with zero-trust security using Aruba ClearPass or Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of critical issues and conclude them to resolution.
- Provide operational support for issues that are escalated and participate in on-call support on a rotational basis.