ROLE: Android Engineers (All levels)
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you’ll make an impact:
We have a terrific position available for an innovative, inspired problem solver to develop high quality software for Android devices. As a member of our Android engineering team, you will have the opportunity to bring new experiences to millions of listeners across Pandora and SiriusXM, across the Android ecosystem. You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned Android engineer to deepen their experience with the latest technologies for the Android ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work. You will work in a modern Android development environment, using recent technologies like Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack libraries including Compose.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of native Android development
- Expert knowledge of developing, testing, and debugging mobile applications using Kotlin and Java
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack libraries including Compose
- Familiarity with emerging Android development trends and design patterns
- Strong skills with object-oriented design
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
- Strong comprehension of web services, HTTP protocol, and service-oriented architecture
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and mentor other engineers
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under shifting deadlines
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.