Senior Director, Customer Journey
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Who We AreSiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day. SiriusXMSiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers. How You’ll Make An ImpactSiriusXM is seeking a self-motivated, passionate and agile Senior Director with a focus on customer engagement to join our “Customer Retention” Marketing team. As the leader of this team, your vision will drive the creation of innovative marketing programs, campaigns and tests that improve the engagement of our existing customer base in and out of the car. Your marketing background, creativity and analytical skills will enable you to make a direct and significant contribution to retention through the development of new strategies that drive sustained engagement with customers. What You’ll DoThis key role will provide expertise, vision, and leadership to define and implement marketing programs that drive profitable, long-term relationships with our existing subscriber base. A critical component of our success is to drive sustained engagement with our service in and out of the car. Focusing on customers from onboarding in the first 30 days, to maintaining engagement throughout their lifecycle, and critical and vulnerable moments around the point of renewal. This Senior Director will build and lead the team that defines and executes multi-channel marketing programs that cost-effectively increase the value of customer relationships. Beyond program strategy, this leader will provide strategic direction on data needs, analytics and technology to support the implementation and execution of the CRM strategy.You will have the opportunity to build something from the ground up, truly own your craft and lead high profile initiatives with high leadership visibility. It is an exciting time to join our team!
- Develop and gain approval of the strategic plan for customer relationship marketing. Ensure integration and alignment with corporate strategy and OKR’s.
- Innovate new methods of leveraging audience data to better personalize the customer journey, deepen engagement, and increase retention.
- Create an operating environment and establish performance standards that result in industry-leading customer relationship marketing programs in data driven “test and learn” culture. Develop, test and implement traditional and non-traditional methods of retaining customers in deeper, more engaged relationships based on rich data sets.
- Lead the development and implementation of multi-channel marketing programs and tactics (i.e., Email, Social, Direct Mail, Inbound/Outbound Contact Center, Mobile and more) that improve engagement and retention among current SiriusXM subscribers.
- Provide a thorough, detailed, and evolving understanding of customer profiles by working closely with our analytics and customer research teams. Synthesize findings and create action plans to engage or re-engage various audiences with differentiated tactics.
- Serve as business owner for internal and external technology projects necessary in growing CRM. Partner with IT to develop and implement a technology road map suited to support the needs of the business regarding data, campaign management, database analytics, business intelligence and other appropriate applications.
- Monitor performance and share learnings. The ideal candidate will have a proven history of data-driven decision making and a deep understanding of marketing analytics. They will be adept at analyzing performance reports monitoring the health of marketing programs and communicating optimizations and improvements as needed.
- Partner with multiple cross-functional SiriusXM teams including Channel Marketing, Call Center, Digital Experience (online), Social Media, Call Center and Legal, and Technology to develop and implement cross-channel marketing initiatives.
- Work with Marketing Operations and other teams to leverage modern technologies (e.g., text, in-vehicle messaging, digital) to expand marketing reach and impact
- Lead program planning, including development of quarterly and annual marketing plans, roadmaps, and prioritization of initiatives.
- Lead key stakeholder meetings and executive presentations, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Partner closely with VP, Acquisition to share learnings and develop best-in-class programs across acquisition and retention.
- Guide, mentor and motivate a set of direct reports.
- 10+ years of direct response marketing experience in a digital, mobile and/or email channel.
- Subscription Marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Strongly prefer candidates with marketing agency experience
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred, with focus on marketing or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Expertise in marketing and automation technologies such as Adobe, Epsilon. Salesforce Marketing and Data Cloud preferred.
- Leadership Skills: You are a people manager who has experience leading teams. You are someone that has a clear vision and strategy for your org. You know how to effectively communicate department goals to your team, as well as motivate and support your team in meeting those objectives. You always put your team first – you listen, inspire and coach.
- Entrepreneurial: You are a self-starter who gets excited at the chance to run initiatives end-to-end with full ownership and autonomy. You can be hands-on but can also pivot to be strategic and provide thought leadership.
- Results-Oriented: You are someone that drives outcomes with a demonstrated track record for improving results in business performance. You take a focused approach towards action and rapid testing. You know how to extract learnings from both wins and losses.
- Analytical & Intensely Curious: You have a strong aptitude for data and reporting. You are familiar with and embrace tools of the trade including Tableau or similar BI platforms (i.e., Adobe reporting, Google Analytics, etc.). You are constantly analyzing all available data. You are always building a roadmap of hypotheses and experiments to test to improve results for the business.
- You are a Facilitator: You are acutely aware of all the moving pieces necessary to build campaigns and can collaborate with other groups to execute.
- You have a creative streak: A keen eye for top performing creative and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and design and copywriting teams to develop best in class creative executions.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, public speaking, presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, time management skills, and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a highly fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.