Internship - EAGLE-1 Payload Operation Center Software Development
Are you looking for a 6-month internship in Engineering, starting in summer 2023 ?
Become part of an interdisciplinary team in a fast-moving global organization and start building your career within an innovative and unique industry by learning more about telecommunications and space.
Under the agreement with ESA, the SES-led consortium of industry partners will design, develop and validate in-orbit technologies for space-based quantum key distribution (QKD) and operate EAGLE-1 satellite to securely connect countries in Europe. Under the guidance of our lead software engineer, participate in the development of the EAGLE -1 Payload Operation Center (POC) that service operators will use to monitor and control the optical quantum-key satellite distribution system using Java Spring and Angular technologies.
In this context, you will be responsible for (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Develop backend services in Java Spring and Spring Boot;
- Develop frontend graphical user interfaces (Angular or React GUIs);
- Support the implementation of a Ground System Equipment (GSE) to support space segment testing;
- Configure and integrate into the POC a monitoring service using Telegraf-InfluxDB-Grafana-Kapacitor (TIGK) stack (https://hackaday.io/page/3579-introduction-to-tigk-stack-for-iot);
- Implement automated functional tests and configure continuous integration pipelines;
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing open issues.
1. You must have
- Being an advanced Bachelor or Master’s student in ICT or in a relevant technical area;
- Knowledge of IP networks and protocols;
- Strong knowledge in Linux, Java Spring and Spring Boot;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Able to work in Luxembourg (EU nationality or current valid work permit for Luxembourg).
2. It would be nice if you had
- Understanding of satellite ground stations;
- Experience with web based frontends (JS, TS or similar);
- Interest in clean coding and testing;
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills;
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
- Work independently as well as in a team.
- Screening and Remote Interview with our Talent Acquisition Specialists
- Remote Interview with your future supervisor
- Internship Offer
- Internship Agreement signature
- Welcome to SES!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Flexible working policy
- Valuable, meaningful and hands-on experience
- A paid internship
- A range of wellness activities and employee assistance programmes (varies by location)
- An employer that values all aspects of Diversity and respects every individual’s story
GOOD TO KNOW
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
Something looks off?