Senior SatCom Engineer, Institutional Projects
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Our portfolio of services covers capacity and coverage, anchor and teleport services, secure hosting solution and end-to-end solution offerings, fully tailored to your needs. In order to secure future market developments, we participate in various R&D projects initiated by ESA, EU and/or EU government entities. In collaboration with other industrial & consortia partners we engage in these major undertakings with a typical duration of 2-3 years. As Satellite Operators and service providers, our mission is to deliver secure, non-preemptible, reliable and accessible satellite communication services for governmental and institutional users.
We are currently looking for the fitting piece in our puzzle to support us in handling the EU government & institutions projects we have been awarded, spanning across several domains of project management and business & technology development tasks.
This role is for a fixed term of two years.
You will be responsible for (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Cooperate with an international project team (distributed across Europe), who will be the primary decision-maker, gaining a complete understanding of specific project goals, objectives and audiences
- Leverage LuxGovSat assets, business applications and strategic goals to deliver as per project scope and timeline, with expected results namely in relation to architecture and development documents and preparation of service demonstrations
- Teamp up with internal LuxGovSat teams and other SES stakeholders, in order to fulfil project related tasks (available services, reports, timesheets)
- Participation in live or remote project meetings, representing LuxGovSat interests
- Work closely with LuxGovSat teams to maintain strategic positioning in the project and its future evolu-tion
- Collaborate with LuxGovSat teams in the delivery of project engagements and associated outputs, supporting the team in day-to-day project management, upcoming service demonstrations and the development of high-quality project deliverables
- Setup of internal and project related reports and statistics as required
- Master´s Degree in Engineering / Computer Science, or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of work experience in the SATCOM Industry in a relevant technical programmatic role, or similar position in a consulting role
- Knowledge of (governmental) satellite communications, networking and/or secure IT systems
- Understanding of IP networks and acquaintance with ERP / C2 platforms and Internet infrastructure
- Expertise with the unique demands of working within the EU Governments / EU institutional area
- Willing to undergo a security clearance procedure
Nice to Have
- Analytical and systems /system of systems approach to problem solving
- Strong customer / user focus
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Flexible working policy
- Bonus and equity plans
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits plan
- A range of wellness activities and employee assistance programs
- An employer that values all aspects of Diversity and respects every individual’s story
GOOD TO KNOW
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.