Human Resources Coordinator - (Temporary, 6 Months)
Who we are:
We are a bunch of people who really care about agriculture, food and the challenges facing farming. We want to help farmers with data driven decision making to help nature feed a growing population. Join our team of expert engineers, agronomists, entomologists, crop researchers, and data scientists who are continually conducting research to help drive innovation in agriculture.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2023) - Selected as winner of the “Overall Smart Irrigation Company Of The Year” award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2021) – Selected as winner of the "Pest Management Solutions of the Year" award.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – Identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go. You are excited to contribute to a company that is making a difference in agriculture and food supply and want to help ensure that Semios has the team members we need to drive our growth. You care about delivering a positive candidate experience and are conscientious in following processes and attending to details in communications and documentation. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
As the Human Resources Coordinator, your duties will be collaborating with the Talent Team to assist in updating and maintaining HR documents and staff records, and provide support for new hires throughout the employee life cycle.
What you will do:
- Engage in the hiring process by assisting with posting jobs, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, and coordinating other aspects of the recruitment process.
- Assist in the development of tools and reference materials to support our hiring teams.
- Gather, organize and create materials to enrich the onboarding process and help new hires get up to speed more quickly.
- Assist with responding to HR related inquiries or requests in a professional and thorough manner.
- Conduct research and investigate topics related to various talent and employee related policies and programs.
- Assist with maintaining employment related documentation and electronic employee records.
- Create and administer surveys to gather employee feedback.
- Support the US Talent team with ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelors in Business, Human Resources or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of Human Resources administrative support experience
- Experience with the full cycle recruiting process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Familiarity with MS Office and/or G Suite tools
- Flexibility to adapt to a wide range of tasks
Nice to have:
- Interest and/or experience in a technology company.
- Interest and/or experience related to agriculture.
Job Type: Temporary / 40 hours a week
Pay: $18.00/hr - $20.00/hr
**Please note that the base pay offered may vary based on factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills and experience, as well as geographic location.
Why this opportunity is for you:
- A collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to learn and have an impact by working on meaningful projects
- Flexible Hours
- Sleep better, knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
**At Semios, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let us know. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.
**This organization participates in E-verify.