Seasonal Warehouse Technician - Bakersfield, CA
Who we are:
We are a bunch of people who really care about agriculture, food and the challenges facing farming. We want to help farmers with data driven decision making to help nature feed a growing population. Join our team of expert engineers, agronomists, entomologists, crop researchers, and data scientists who are continually conducting research to help drive innovation in agriculture.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2023) - Selected as winner of the “Overall Smart Irrigation Company Of The Year” award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2021) – Selected as winner of the "Pest Management Solutions of the Year" award.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – Identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
The Warehouse Technician assures proper control of all warehouse parts inventory and equipment operability. They will be completing daily activities required to ensure the efficient operation of the warehouse. This role's responsibility is to prepare for the installation season by building inventory up for initial support and maintains inventory levels through throughout the installation season.
What you will do:
- Receive purchased parts from Vendors, Field Technician returns, and Shop Warehouse transfers.
- Using a forklift, hand truck, or pallet jack to put parts away in their designated warehouse shop locations.
- Pull/kit parts needed for Field Technicians, Assembly Area, and other Shop Warehouses.
- Operating a forklift to load trucks and trailers.
- Repair or provide routine maintenance on field equipment such as quads, trucks, and/or trailers.
- Accurately and timely enter inventory transactions within the inventory management system.
- Cycle count parts throughout the warehouse shop.
- Keep the warehouse clean and organized.
- Using the Semios instant messaging system to check for part requests.
- Using the Semios instant messaging system to check for requested shipments to other warehouses.
- At the end of each shift, make sure equipment is moved back into the warehouse and parts required for the field crews for the following day are prepared and either loaded or ready to be loaded the following morning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clean driving record with no major driving infractions within the last 5 years
- Great physical stamina and manual dexterity
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Ability to handle multiple, and at times, conflicting priorities while effectively managing time.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and work well with tight deadlines.
- Understanding how to reconcile inventory transaction
- Data entry typing skills in posting inventory transactions.
- 1 to 2 years of warehouse inventory control experience.
- 6 months to 1 year of mechanical experience performing maintenance on quads, trucks, trailers and material handling equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-2 years experience operating a forklift preferred.
- 1-2 years computer experience using Microsoft and/or Google Suite products preferred.
Job Type: Full Time / 40+ hours a week
**Please note that the base pay offered may vary based on factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills and experience, as well as geographic location.
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Hands on experience with cutting edge technology
**At Semios, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let us know. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.
**This organization participates in E-verify.