Branch Manager - Bakersfield, CA
Who we are:
Semios is the premier AgTech solution for managing tree fruit, nut and vine crops. Employing internet-of-things (IoT) technology combined with big data analytics we collect over 500 million crop data points every day, empowering tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize production costs and improve yield. One of our customers spoke to their Semios experience in this short video which shows how our solution helps growers achieve more environmentally sustainable practices.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2022) – Selected as winner of the "Precision Agriculture Solutions of the Year" award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- THRIVE - Top 50 Global AgTech (2022) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
Semios is dedicated to helping farmers leverage technology to produce a better outcome. Crop insights are stored in the cloud providing farmers decision aid solutions from anywhere, on any device, in real-time. We improve sustainability, reduce inputs and increase the value of harvests.
Who you are:
An experienced manager with a true interest in training and employee development. You have a contagious passion for agriculture and are convinced technology will play a leading role in sustainable food production. You take pride in doing things well. You are self motivated, enjoy working independently, an excellent communicator and a great team player.
The Branch Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day field operations of their assigned branch location and work teams. This role will assist with managing the workflows of their employees by assigning tasks and monitoring work orders. In this role you will ensure the successful installation, maintenance, and servicing of all Semios networks in your operational territory.
What you will do:
- Supervise department employees including responsibility for day-to-day workflow and performance
- Ensure strict adherence to company policy
- Recruit, vet, interview and hire new employees
- Employee training, performance reviews, feedback and coaching
- Monitor and assess employee productivity
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Manage daily operations including prioritizing workflow for local and remote staff
- Manage all aspects of the facilities in a designated territory. This includes warehouses, storage units, trucks, trailers, quads, etc.
- Prepare QA/QC reports
- Facilitate communication between upper management an field staff including weekly meetings for all regional field staff
- Assist with customer service and contribute to overall customer satisfaction
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 3 years experience managing people, including experience hiring and building teams
- Engaging interpersonal style and strong verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and problem solving skills
- A valid driver’s license and no major driving infractions in the last 5 years
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Familiarity with workflow prioritization and scheduling
Nice to have:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Familiarity with commercial tree fruit operations and a background in agriculture
- Comfort with and interest in technology
- Experience working with remote teams
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Final compensation may vary based on factors including but not limited to background, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as geographic location of the position.
Here at Semios, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Benefits: When you join our team, we offer a comprehensive & customizable health benefits plan for you and your family, which includes medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Retirement: Employees are able to enroll in our company's 401(K) plan, which includes a paid company match after an introductory period.
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Company Vehicle