Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a highly motivated lab technician to support our R&D team at our San Francisco lab.This exciting role will report to the Test Labs Manager and support various engineering operations. The ideal candidate would be a creative and energetic individual who thrives in a fast paced environment. One who manages priorities and doesn't stress over the occasional “drop everything” assignment. This individual likes to learn and grow with their position. Samsara is growing and so are our labs. We need a creative thinker who likes to be cross functional and can support wherever they are needed.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together, and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Support lab operations by executing various engineering requests tickets across both hardware and software applications.
- Conduct in-cab vehicle drive testing. This role requires a valid driver license.
- Perform lab maintenance and upkeep: organization, cleanliness, lab equipment assembly (racks/benches), track equipment calibration, create documents etc.
- Connecting devices, inspecting products, and notifying engineers and lab manager of test bed issues.
- Physically deploying devices to our device farm and activating them in our cloud.
- Collect components and assemble test setups per engineering instructions.
- Solder, label, and crimp prototype cables/components.
- Utilize various lab equipment to execute testing: multimeters, power supplies, thermal chambers, and vibe tables.
- Help take ownership of lab safety and efficiency.
- Label, organize, and track inventory of devices using google sheets, etc.
- Diligently update project statuses, blockers, and priorities to lab manager and document on Jira test tickets.
- Support vehicle diagnostic testing: vehicle inspections, CAN logging, drive testing, and engineer assisted test execution.
- Equipment setup: basic computer operations. Preferred experience working with linux machines with light bash scripting/terminal familiarity.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this role is team oriented.
- Comfortable working in a lab environment with various tools, vehicles, thermal chambers, and IOT devices.
- Familiar with basic hardware tools: soldering irons, wiring, relays, terminal blocks, power supplies, multimeters, DIN rail, etc.
- Comfortable with Linux and basic bash scripting/terminal commands.
- Loves tinkering and developing solutions.
- Remains flexible and adaptive to priority shifts.
- Google Sheets, Google Docs, Slides.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Interest in lab operations and vehicles.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Jira and confluence experience.
- Familiarity with vehicle diagnostic protocols.
- IT Background.
- Familiarity with IOT products and testing technologies.
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver Total Direct Compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is at or above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock unit awards (RSUs) for eligible roles. For eligible roles, a new hire RSU award may be awarded at the time of hire, and additional RSU refresh grants may be awarded annually.
We pay for performance, and top performers in eligible roles may receive above-market equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please be aware that Samsara does not accept or assume responsibility for unsolicited resumes from agencies. We do not charge fees to applicants at any stage of the hiring process. Official communication about your application will only come from emails ending in '@Samsara.com' or '@us-greenhouse-mail.io'.