Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-starting, motivated and experienced International Collections Manager to support our growing business in Mexico. The Collections Manager oversees the cash collection efforts for the Mexico team. This role is a working manager who may also have responsibility for a specific portfolio of customers. This role is responsible for acting as the first line of escalation between the sales team, the customer and corporate headquarters. This opportunity requires an experienced person with a customer centric mindset, high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, above average communication skills and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth. This position plays an essential role in minimizing our financial loss by implementing receivable and collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquency encountered and reports to our Sr Director, Order to Cash.
This is a full-time position located in MX.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate issues and escalations on a daily basis to the Sr Director
- Manage a team of collectors located in Mexico as a member of the Order to Cash team
- Coordinate and prioritize daily activities of the collections analysts
- Manage a portfolio of customers
- Be responsible for updating management on customer payment issues
- Act as primary AR contact for the Mexican sales team
- Monitor team ticket response and drive toward SLA attainment
- Escalate past due accounts for review and approval for account suspension or when account resolution has not occurred within certain timelines
- Resolve customer issues preventing payment timely and accurately within prescribed SLA commitments
- Collaborate cross functionally to resolve account issues such as pricing, returns, or defective items
- Reconcile customer accounts to resolve discrepancies caused by misapplied payments or other account issues as needed
- Maintain account data as needed for accurate customer information
- Coordinate support and/or resolution for Account Team (AE or CSM) with questions about billing and contracts or escalate to Invoice Team when necessary
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting
- 3-5 years business to business collections experience
- 1-3 years management experience
- Spanish and English language skills required
- Knowledge of operational accounts receivable processes
- Excellent customer service skills to provide best in class service
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Highly organized, self-disciplined and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with SaaS and or technology firms with high volume and growth
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.