Engagement Services Manager
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
The Engagement Services Manager (ESM) is responsible for representing Samsara's implementation/integration services and business development. The role will be positioning the value of services and assisting in customers meeting their business needs with C-level personnel and defining services scope, approach, and timeline of services engagement during the sales cycle. ESM is accountable for meeting services ARR attach quota, completion of AE to CS transition, and is a governing partner during delivery.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Every phone call you answer and every email you send can affect whether truck drivers deliver goods on time and without accidents, whether students get dropped off safely from school, or whether power gets restored quickly after a natural disaster.
- You thrive the most when solving problems: Our constantly expanding technology and the complexities faced by our customers provide an exciting range of challenges for our Customer Success teams. With a growth mindset and a desire to learn, you will strategically partner with our customers to find unique solutions to help keep their operations safe, efficient, and sustainable.
- You are a natural relationship builder: Whether the relationship is with our customers or with cross-functional teams in Samsara, you are in constant communication and collaboration with key stakeholders to win as a team.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. This Customer Success team is still shaping its future and you will have plenty of autonomy and opportunities to master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest professionals out there.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Articulate and sell the value of Samsara Services within prospective and existing accounts for enterprise customers
- Work in conjunction with Sales Representatives and Sales Engineers to define and integrate the services solution into the comprehensive Samsara proposal
- Own Services pursuits (ARR attach quota)
- Be responsible for forecasting services and closely monitoring ARR pipeline to understand capacity demands
- Plan and manage Services scoping activity with prospective customers and produce proposals, level of effort, transition/KT, and resource plans
- Be recognized by customers as a trusted advisor in product deployment and change management
- Perform as a governing partner during implementation to continue customer sponsor and executive relationship, and assist with critical issues and expectation coordination
- Participate in virtual teams to assist buildout Samsara Services methodologies, processes, offerings/services, and collateral
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Demonstrable experience in positioning Professional Services or Technology Solutions
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with sales, CSMs, and other key partners during implementations
- Strong presentation skills: Showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies and service offerings
- Strong innovation skills: Building services templates, services engagement processes, and services presentations by having a “builder” mentality
- A breadth of knowledge executing the SOW/Proposal processes by scoping, producing, and delivering to the customer SOWs that meet customers' documented requirements
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer
- 7+ Years of experience
- Educational Degree
- Specific skills in creating SFDC reports/dashboards and navigating in SFDC
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Something looks off?