Senior Facilities Technician - HVAC
About The Role
ABOUT ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is a global leader in launch and space systems. The rockets and satellites we build and launch enable some of the most ambitious and vital space missions globally, supporting scientific exploration, Earth observation and missions to combat climate change, national security, and exciting new technology demonstrations. Our Electron rocket has provided reliable access to orbit since 2018, becoming one of the most frequently launched rockets in the world. Neutron will be our next rocket on the launch pad, an advanced 13-tonne payload class, reusable rocket to launch the mega constellations of the future. Our space systems business includes our extensive line of satellites and components that have enabled more than 1,700 missions including the James Webb Space Telescope, NASA Psyche Mission, Artemis I, Mars Ingenuity helicopter, and more.
Join our pioneering team and launch your career to new heights!
Rocket Lab’s Space Systems team is responsible for every satellite and satellite component made by Rocket Lab: from complete satellites destined for missions to the Moon and Mars, to the individual components and subsystems that make up a satellite like solar panels, flight software, reaction wheels and star trackers, separation systems, radios, and more. Our Space Systems team is made up of engineers, technicians, and designers who design, create, and put together our own satellites for missions across the commercial, government, and defense sectors, or who build and assemble satellite hardware and software that supports other satellite missions.
SENIOR FACILITIES TECHNICIAN - HVAC
Based at Rocket Lab's site in Albuquerque, New Mexico the Senior Facilities Technician - HVAC is responsible for facilities maintenance and ERT team support. You will support the Facilities Manager and operations organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Troubleshooting and repair of all facility/HVAC equipment and systems.
- Monitors and assures that environmental standards for clean room operation are being kept.
- Performs facilities and process equipment operational and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Works with engineers to resolve issues or plan for acquiring/installing new equipment or systems.
- Install new facilities and process equipment.
- Assumes leadership role in training and support of new technicians.
- Monitors facility/HVAC systems and suggests modifications for improvement.
- Maintain facility data collection requirements and procedures.
- Identifies nonconformance when they occur and participates in finding the solution to the nonconformance.
- Deploys the Quality Management System as it applies to the scope of work.
- Serve as member of Emergency Response Team.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of experience in a highly regulated manufacturing/production environment.
- Respirator experience.
- High School Diploma
THESE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Associate's degree in a related field of study is a plus.
- Forklift experience a plus
- Osha and/or safety training a plus
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems maintenance.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions including drawing and print interpretation and application.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Previous Clean Room work environment is a plus
- Understanding of mechanical, electro-pneumatics, digital and analogue electronics, and working knowledge of Automated Building Controls
- Familiar with motor controls, compressed air and gas systems, and gas control systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with CCTV, fire and security alarm systems is a plus.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We’re on a mission to unlock the potential of space to improve life on Earth, but that’s not an easy task. It takes hard work, determination, relentless innovation, teamwork, grit, and an unwavering commitment to achieving what others often deem impossible. Our people out-think, out-work and out-pace. We pride ourselves on having each other’s backs, checking our egos at the door, and rolling up our sleeves on all tasks big and small. We thrive under pressure, work to tight deadlines, and our focus is always on how we can deliver, rather than dwelling on the challenges that stand in the way.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.