About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Life at Rocket Lab
What You'll get to do:
- Receive parts into ERP system and physically stock on a FIFO basis.
- Ship hardware to vendors and end customers in accordance with SOPs.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels and account for all inventory transactions within ERP system.
- Proactively report minimum stock levels to manager.
- Support inventory tracking and audits.
- Perform cycle counts as-required.
- Stock, pick, and organize flight hardware and purchased materials.
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice/ procedures.
- Identify and execute process improvement opportunities.
- Communicate relevant issues to Engineering and Inspection Teams.
- Adhere to standard warehouse management principles.
- Maintain a tidy, orderly work area in accordance with the principles of 5s.
- Work effectively with all staff towards the goals of the company.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
You'll Bring these Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 0 years of experience – OR- Associates Degree and 2 years of experience -OR- Highschool Diploma/GED and 4 years of experience.
- Familiarity with of MRP/ERP systems
- Proficient using Microsoft Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
- Capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
These Qualifications would be nice to have:
- 5+ years relevant experience in the aerospace, manufacturing, automotive, or similar industry
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Familiarity with Fishbowl Inventory software
- Familiarity with LN ERP software
- Familiarity with push/pull, just-in-time, and Kanban inventory methods
- Strong analytical mindset
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize items efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively with other technically-minded employees
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multiple deadlines
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation package based on individual qualifications and experience, which may include cash or equity incentives. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.