One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
The Deputy Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a strategic and highly visible role that will influence and drive strategic decision making throughout the company globally. You’ll have a passion for telling a story with numbers, evaluating underlying business trends, delivering commercial insights and for driving change, accountability, and scale.
The Deputy CFO is responsible for partnering with the Chief Financial Officer to implement and oversee day-to-day financial operations, including direct supervision over Corporate FP&A, Strategic Finance, Financial Insights, Treasury & Investor Relations, and Risk Management & Insurance.
As the Deputy CFO, you will:
- Work autonomously and provide clarity and detail in an ambiguous environment.
- Have commercially savvy executive presence while working to influence and shape the future of Viasat.
- Drive annual and long-term strategic planning cycles supported by competitive assessment and key performance targets tied to income, cash flow and investment planning.
- Lead investment framework and results management in partnership with CFO and senior leaders
- Work with CFO in capital allocation decisioning coupled with deep analytical and market insights in value creating strategies.
- Drive the strategy for corporate finance, treasury, capital markets, M&A and fund-raising activities.
- Build upon and extend existing global and local financial reporting frameworks for key external constituents including investors and lenders.
- Drive Corporate and cross organizational reporting, analysis, and change agent recommendations supported by monthly financial reporting, analytics and insights into operating performance - supporting internal management oversight and discussions with investors and partners.
- Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of organizational optimizations around speed, quality, compliance and cost across financial and business operations – including global financial consolidation and reporting process, working capital and cash management strategies, consistent global business unit reporting, non-value-added operating cost assessments, and internal operational improvements.
- Build deep relationships with Viasat business segments and Operational leaders to support KPI and model analysis based on sales funnel and weighted pursuit assessments.
- Drive process improvement: identify manual processes, increase standardization, and accelerate adoption of automation along with supporting operational offshoring strategies.
What you'll need
- 15+ years of experience, public multi-national company environments in high tech industry, government customer experience sets a plus.
- Proven success as Corporate Finance leader in a high growth environment with deep experience in treasury and capital markets.
- Strong command of US GAAP and global tax principles underpinning strategic initiatives and organizational strategies
- Very high attention to detail coupled with ability to step back and assess the big picture through stakeholder’s lens.
- Demonstrated success in building and scaling a team coupled with driving productivity through automation in daily activities.
- Strong understanding of strategic capital structures and relative investor and market sentiment in LT planning
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability to use data and metrics to rationalize assumptions and develop business cases with a growth mindset.
What will help you on the job
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, or Finance, advanced degree or equivalent preferred (CPA/MBA).
- At least ten years of industry/relevant experience with a proven track record of streamlining and improving business operations.
- Ability to present ideas and results at the highest levels of the organization through excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
$303,000.00 - $509,000.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.