One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
- Delivering the systems essential to the world’s leading energy projects, the Energy Systems Project Manager leads multi-disciplined technical teams providing engineering services for the petrochemical, renewable energy, carbon capture, hydrogen, LNG, and maritime infrastructure across the planet.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the engineering design, procurement, production, logistics, installation, and commissioning of technically challenging projects.
- Viasat’s System Integration client base consists of the world's leading Engineering Procurement Construction companies and Energy suppliers.
- The Systems Integrations project undertaken are a component of some of the world's largest energy projects. Typical project durations are from 6 months to 3 years. The projects themselves can be located at any global region with significant guidance from engineers, fabricators and suppliers around the world.
- Plan and implement projects – Energy systems projects with a large telecommunications component. May be required to work on a single large project or multiple smaller projects.
- Define project scope, goals and results
- Define tasks and allocate resources
- Lead project teams, including in house and contracted engineering teams, technicians, onsite, fabrication and commissioning
- Lead all aspects of budgets, maintain project finances, forecast revenue and cashflow
- Build and maintain schedule and project timeline
- Manage client relationships, maintaining positive proactive information exchange
- Track results and maintain procurement status
- Support and lead team in achieving project objectives
- Track quality assurance, ensuring successful factory acceptance tests
- Monitor and report on project progress to partners as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and lead change when necessary
- Evaluate and assess the result of the project
- Track and handle risks
What you'll need
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Business discipline
- Professional accreditation in Project Management
- Project scheduling software
- Sophisticated Excel
- Presentation software
- Experience with cost, revenue, cashflow
- Contract management
- Project reporting
What will help you on the job
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- People management
- Creative thinker
- Open to travel
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.