CNC Setup/Operator II
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Manufacturing team is building the factory of the future. Disrupting over 60 years of aerospace manufacturing, this team has a wide variety of responsibilities—from determining the most efficient factory floor layout, to building out cells for some of the largest 3D printers in the world. Unique to Relativity, you will get to work across many teams to iterate and support Relativity's first-of-its-kind 3D printing software and robotics technology. Overall, this team is critical to the launch success of Terran R.
The Machine Shop is the core subtractive manufacturing process team responsible for sourcing and developing in-house machining capabilities and meeting the challenging demands of the company. Our mission is to ensure the proper processes are developed, sustainable tools are built, and designs are created that support the manufacturing of the world’s first 3D printed rocket through implementing creative solutions and challenging the status-quo on the stale evolution of traditional rocket manufacturing.
We are looking for a CNC Setup Operator to join our Machine Shop team.
What you’ll do:
- Setup CNC Machinery including Multi-Axis Milling and Mill-Turn Turning centers
- Operate CNC mills and lathes (multiple shifts) and ensure the production schedule is satisfied
- Select and monitor tooling and fixturing to ensure all hardware is conforming when leaving the shop
- Exercise a mindset of continued learning as you develop new skills towards programming and machining
- Must be relentlessly curious and open minded to finding new solutions to new challenges
- Able to grow with the team as new capabilities and demands evolve
- Must be self-motivated and take ownership of daily tasks to chase them to completion
- Must be a team player with no ego who will own any task to help the team succeed
What you need to know:
- 2+ years of experience setting up and operating CNC mills and lathes in a production environment
- Must have experience working with manufacturing engineers in R&D or production settings
- Must understand GD&T and how to interpret engineer drawings
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with programming CNC machines in ESPRIT is a plus
- Experience operating multi-axis CNC machines
- DMG Mori/CELOS experience is a plus
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace