Senior Manufacturing Engineer
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Avionics team is responsible for the full lifecycle of all electronics and supporting hardware central to operating Relativity's rockets. The team designs, builds, tests, integrates, and operates the hardware which controls the rocket in flight, downlinks critical telemetry, keeps the public safe, and deploys our customers' payloads to orbit! Our hardware enables Relativity to reliably control our rockets while maintaining the flexibility to rapidly iterate our designs. As a member of this team, you will design innovative hardware manufacturing solutions capable of surviving harsh launch and space environments. Your manufacturing designs will support multiple vehicle systems such as sensors, propulsion, computing, actuation, energy management, and communications.
What you’ll do:
To be successful in this role, you need to be a self-starter that can thrive in ambiguity, identify problems, and quickly resolve them, and provide definition to the previously undefined. You should have a commitment to quality and the discipline required to achieve it. You will set the tone for how builds are structured, and work orders are written, how issues in the lab are addressed, and drive how test operations are run on flight hardware. You will be a trail blazer for the company, so you need to be self-motivated and able to influence both Engineering and Production to effectively implement your plans. You will need to be comfortable with desk work such as writing work instructions as well as hands on work setting up work areas, assembling hardware and running test operations.
What you need to know:
- Minimum of 4 years experience working hands-on with electronics hardware in a manufacturing environment
- Experience authoring work instructions and/or test procedures to build and checkout interdisciplinary electromechanical systems
- Experience analyzing production data for improvement or development, managing production schedules, and ensuring quality control of manufactured products
- Experience calculating production, labor, and material costs, as well as estimating future needs for production
- Experience utilizing and configuring MES/ERP systems in production
- Experience writing technical specifications governing production quality and processes
- Experience introducing new products into a manufacturing, test, and production system with proven success
- Experience training staff on electromechanical assembly and build procedures. i.e., PCBA soldering, wire harness assembly, or integrated box assemblies
- Experience developing/implementing assembly fixtures and jigs using CAD software
- Experience managing issue ticket creation and resolution
Nice to haves but not required:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience building and testing hardware in a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing experience improving processes, managing projects, and analyzing data
- Experience standing up high-volume production processes and tracking systems
- Self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to define and own a process from scratch and roll out that process through adept communication to a diverse team
- Experience developing user interfaces/dashboards for manufacturing and test execution
- Working knowledge of typical manufacturing execution systems and quality management systems
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace