Power Systems Engineer
Reflex Aerospace delivers tailor-made, high-performance satellites to our customers an order of magnitude faster than anyone else.
Supercharged by a unique and revolutionary “algorithmic engineering” approach, Reflex Aerospace builds and sells tailored satellites to customers from earth observation and telecommunication domains.
Each delivered satellite stands out from the competition through its lightning-fast delivery time and highest quality “Made in Germany”.
Through smart standardization and automation of non-recurrent engineering and of the manufacturing, assembly, integration, and testing processes, Reflex is also able to undercut competition pricing while maintaining quality.
Multiple services are offered around the core product to reach more customers. These services include smart financing models, satellite subscriptions, and reselling of used platforms in orbit. All services aim to increase the number of sold platforms.
Reflex Aerospace is looking for an experienced power system engineer as a part of a cross-functional development team. You will have end-to-end responsibility for the development, integration, and testing of the electrical power sub-system.
Including solar panels, batteries, power control and distribution units (PCDUs), and other critical components. The power subsystem will be responsible for reliable power supply for all other subsystems of the satellite
- Lead the design and development of the power supply system for our satellites, encompassing solar panels, batteries, PCDUs, and associated subsystems.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including spacecraft engineers, electrical engineers, and mission specialists, to integrate power supply requirements into the overall satellite architecture.
- Conduct detailed analysis and simulations to optimize power generation, storage, and distribution for different mission scenarios and spacecraft configurations.
- Specify and select appropriate components and technologies for the power supply system, considering factors such as efficiency, weight, space constraints, radiation tolerance, and reliability.
- Define and implement robust testing and validation procedures to ensure the performance and safety of the power supply system under extreme conditions, including vacuum, temperature variations, and radiation exposure
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of working experience in the field of power system design or electronic hardware development
- Deep understanding of electrical power generation, distribution, and storage principles
- Good understanding of satellite subsystems
- Familiarity with the challenges and constraints specific to space environments
- Knowledge in Matlab/Simulink or Simscape is a plus
- Attractive VSOP package
- Flexible work hours and hybrid work options
- Choose your own laptop and desk setup
- Fresh fruit and good coffee for the team
- Sponsored bicycle subscription (Swapfiets)
- Startup environment with a fabulous network of investors and partners
- Short lines of communication, visionary leadership and positive company culture
- A multinational team from diverse industry verticals
- Opportunity to contribute directly to the future of the space industry
- Offices in Berlin and Munich, with team gatherings and company parties!
We strongly believe in the power of diverse teams. We think that innovation is born through interaction and exchange of people with different backgrounds.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Something looks off?