Finance & Ops Manager
Vay has developed an alternative approach to autonomous driving called teledriving (remote driving) - to solve transportation in metropolitan areas.
Vay is the first company that has driven a car on European public roads with no one inside. Vay is the leading teledriving company setting the global standard for remotely driven vehicles. Vay aims to launch a safe, affordable, and sustainable door-to-door mobility service in the US, Germany and beyond. With its first service, Vay plans to remotely deliver and return electric cars for its customers.
This is very ambitious. And we can’t do it alone. So we'd love to meet you!
As the Finance & Operations Manager, you'll be at the heart of our small Las Vegas team supporting all business related topics. We’re revolutionizing the way that people get from point A to point B and this is your chance to get in on the ground floor. You will be one of the first US-based employees in one of the most exciting technology projects globally!
Who you are
We’re seeking a Finance & Operations Manager with a “can do anything” attitude, you’ll love working in a fast moving environment where nothing is impossible, have an analytical edge to you and help us get things done for our mission!
Your day-to day responsibilities
- Office Management:
- You’ll support us in managing our office so our team members always have somewhere clean, stocked, and fun to work.
- You’ll help develop our team culture through supporting team events including anything from picking up food for the team to brainstorming and organizing bonding activities.
- You’ll take care of our day-to-day incoming and outgoing postage & packages, scanning and distributing it internally to the right people.
- People Operations:
- Support our People and Talent Acquisition team in coordinating interviews or helping with administrative work.
- You’ll also help support our People Team in providing input into and supporting benefits for our US team.
- Billing and Finance:
- You’ll manage customer and business invoicing, paying invoices, and creating process improvements for all things in finance together with our Finance team in our headquarters.
- You’ll manage our payroll process, calculating and paying out salaries together with our Finance team in our headquarters.
- Event Coordination:
- You’ll work closely with the leadership team to support scheduling, meeting management, user events, and day-to-day operations
- Vehicle Documentation & Fleet Document Administration
- Ensure that all vehicles have documentation up to date, and easily accessible.
- Schedule services
- 1-2 years of proven experience in office management / business operations / finance, with knowledge of / familiarity with IFRS and US-Gaap
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a similar related field.
- Ability to re-define and set-up new processes and tools in order to ensure stable and fast processes
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review financials
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects running simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically while paying attention to details
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- You are organized and well-structured.
- You are resilient and have a troubleshooting mind set.
- You work independently without much direction or instruction.
- You have Google Workplace knowledge (e.g., G-Docs, Sheets, and or Slides).
Nice to Haves:
- Experience from the consulting, automotive, technology industry or in the start-up / scale-up environment
- You are interested in autonomous driving and mobility
- Experience with Quickbooks
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- ESOP Scheme (Share Options)
- Access to 401(k) programs
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage plans to choose from
- You’ll be joining a highly committed, experienced, fun, and international team from over 30 countries.
- You would be a part of solving transportation in metropolitan areas all over the world.
- We organize thoughtful & fun team events throughout the year
- Room to grow - we’re just getting started and looking for people to come in, and grow with us.
- We pioneer change: At Vay, we’re doing work that has never been done before. This comes with challenges, frustrations and failures along the way. We embrace these challenges through perseverance and innovation, delivering creative solutions to overcome them.
- We fuel collaboration: At Vay, we work as a team and strive for a common goal. We celebrate diversity and encourage different opinions. Our teams and partners communicate and collaborate openly. Together we build, improve, and grow.
- We drive action: At Vay, everyone takes pride and commitment in their role for every task and every challenge. We are biassed towards action and get behind the steering wheel, even when there is none. We are empowered to take initiative and drive it to completion.
- We build trust: At Vay, we consistently do the right thing, and follow through on our commitments to stakeholders, users and society. We understand their expectations and always respond in a way that feels human and respectful. We always put safety first and safety second.
- We create magic: At Vay, we don’t just make things that work, we build products people love. We create unexpected and delightful moments for our riders. We design end-to-end experiences that leave a lasting expression.
Vay is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
Come join the future!