Solutions & Value Engineer (French Speaker)
At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
As a Solutions & Value Engineer, you will consult directly with prospective customers, learning their business, their industry, technical requirements and competitive landscape. You will leverage your technical, product, and industry expertise to sell project44 solutions that enhance productivity and create new levels of supply chain visibility. You will collaborate with our sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of integration with project44's SaaS solution. You will deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, Proofs of Value and other technical accelerators. You will become the trusted technical advisor for our customers, designing solutions, answering technical questions, and facilitating project44 solution deployment for new customers.
- Articulate benefits of complex technical solutions and products via industry and business terms to prospects and customers
- Document and promote complete solutions via white boarding, pilots and presentations
- Partner with sales peers to drive new sales and expand existing business
- Demonstrate understanding of the Transportation & Logistics market, including trends, industry business processes and industry use cases
- Maintain and apply knowledge of technical pre-sales, implementation of application integration & APIs
- Deliver recommendations to product & engineering team members based on customer and prospective customer feedback
- Execute customized product demonstrations that speak to the specific needs of the prospect
- Run Value Assessments with prospective customers in order to produce a tailored and quantifiable ROI presentation
- Coordinate with implementation team members to produce Statements of Work and technical design documents that fully capture project requirements
- Support the response to RFP’s, RFI’s, and Information Security questionnaires
- Engage with sales team members to run comprehensive discovery workshops with enterprise level customers
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Experience in pre-sales, implementation, or consultative roles focused on SaaS technologies. Direct experience with Transportation and Logistics applications is strongly preferred
- Fluency in English is mandatory; Italian or French language would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of global supply chain processes, including import/export management, ocean shipping, and freight forwarding.
- Deep knowledge of logistics processes, including transportation management, warehousing, network design and maintenance, and inventory management
- Proven track record of managing complex, technical sales cycles with global enterprises
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to relay technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to understand and document technology requirements to integrate with cloud-based and on-premise applications
- Experience with supporting web service integrations
- Fluency in technical data formats, notably JSON and XML
- High level knowledge of application design principles, programming concepts, and information security standards
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in support of Proofs of Value and Pilots
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus, but not required
- Experience with field sales and willingness to travel up to 30%
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
A candidate will be asked to conduct a pre-employment criminal back ground screening test as a standard routine to minimize moral & integrity risks among our staff and to ensure Project44 is compliant with its internal pre-employment screening policy and SOC 2, Sarbanes Oxley Act and ISO 27001 compliance. We will only ask you to conduct a criminal background check when we believe it is proportionate to the role that you will fulfil within your team and/or department A criminal back ground check will be facilitated by our third party vendor Accurate who will assist you to get the appropriate documents from authorities in the country where you will be employed. Depending on the country where you will be employed your local authority will provide a Certificate of Conduct or similar document upon your request. If there are any costs related to screening, these will be borne by Project44. When our vendor Accurate will reach out to, you will be asked for your consent. We would like to emphasize that at all time you can decide to withdraw from the application process and/or to withdraw the consent to perform a screening test.