Global Head of Procurement
At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
Global Head of Procurement
The Global Head of Procurement will be responsible for leading all procurement operations across the organization to efficiently and effectively maximize the value we receive from our suppliers. This includes planning and executing the sourcing & procurement strategies, developing supplier relationships, sourcing policies and procedures, and the negotiation of all existing and new contracts.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a global procurement strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver year over year cost savings.
- Responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance, service levels and price.
- Lead negotiations on terms to ensure best commercial models and pricing, selection and close out best partnership terms.
- Work directly with operations leaders to understand requirements and recommend alternative services and/or suppliers.
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Manage Global Real Estate portfolio including asset acquisition, disposition, and buildouts.
- Ensure all commercial deals comply with the company risk policy, contracting standards and any other company policy including vendor diversity and inclusion objectives
- Leadership of cross functional teams across the business to help drive strategic supplier initiatives.
- Handling purchasing projects from inception to completion and vendor onboarding. (including negotiations and administration)
- Maintain the relationship with current suppliers and sub-contractors, evaluate and re-negotiate in the best conditions of price, quality and time delivery
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value, cost reductions and helps drive company goals.
- 15 years of experience in procurement including sourcing, contracting and supplier management.
- Excellent negotiations and communications skills.
- Ability to identify win-win solutions in complex situations and ability to keep cool under pressure and find solutions quickly in difficult situations.
- Expertise in RFP process.
- Ability to operate and perform in a lean organization.
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management and key financial metrics.
- Excellent reasoning capabilities and ability to make strategic, responsive decisions
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, while recognizing and supporting the organization’s preferences and priorities
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.