Government Contracts Administrator
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Government Contracts Administrator (either Federal Prime Contracts or Subcontracts) who is focused on providing great customer service and wants to join a small but mighty in-house legal team.
The primary responsibilities of the role include supporting the day-to-day operations of the team, owning and executing parts of the Federal contracting processes, building relationships (both internal and external stakeholders), and handling negotiations when necessary.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment and make an impact with your skills and your enthusiasm.
What You Bring:
- 5 - 7 years experience in Federal contracts or subcontracts administration including with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 12
- Experience in Federal contracting processes from start (Request for Proposals) to finish (Contract Closeout)
- Ability to navigate and review FAR clauses
- Experience in drafting, receiving, and evaluating RFP/RFI/RFQ responses and white papers
- Experience reviewing and negotiating teaming agreements
- Ability to draft compliant Transmittal Letters
- Excellent sense of accountability, integrity and taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively
- Ability to work with stringent deadlines and varying priorities; while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent team player skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to maintain a graceful and helpful customer service attitude, particularly in high-pressure and time-crunched circumstances, where last-minute circumstances may shift project priorities
- Continuous learner, adherence to confidentiality requirements, and desire to complete projects
- Established efficiency by use of meticulous organizational skills, including the ability to manage a variety of projects and ongoing negotiations at once
- Capable independent worker, quick learner, and self-starter, who is driven and creative, yet who is a team player who brings a positive and supportive mentality to Planet
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proven history of taking initiative, working independently, being highly analytical and using good judgment
- Competency in Google Documents, MS Word, and Excel
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with complex RFP processes and packages, including price reasonableness and price analysis determinations
- Experience with FAR Part 15, Federal Supply Schedule Programs, and Other Transaction Authorities
- Familiarity with Government systems (e.g. SAM, IPP, PIEE, CPARS, etc.)
- Management of Small Business Subcontracting Plans and associated system reporting
- Requirements gathering and process improvement capabilities
- Internal/External Audit assistance (such as: Sarbanes-Oxley, financial, contractual, closeout, or intellectual property, etc. type audits)
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Knowledge of federal/state/municipal contracting processes
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $86,700 - $142,600. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
This position requires access to export controlled technology, and as such, employment will be contingent upon the candidate’s ability to access EAR and/or ITAR controlled technology pursuant to an export license approved by the Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, if required.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Know Your Rights.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please call Planet's front office at (415)-829-3313 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.