Space business developer
About Pangea Aerospace:
We are a company dedicated to developing advanced propulsion systems for the space industry based on three key principles: high efficiency, sustainability, and reusability. We are revolutionizing the space industry with groundbreaking innovations that allows us to offer the best performance to cost propulsion systems.
Our goal is to be the propulsion provider for the next-generation of spacecraft, which are essential to meet the demands and compete in the booming space market of the next decade.
We are a passionate, multicultural, and multidisciplinary team pushing the boundaries of what it is possible in space propulsion technology.
We have already made history by successfully testing the world's first 3D printed Methalox Aerospike engine, marking a significant milestone for the space industry.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our international team in Barcelona and Toulouse. We want to be key player in improving diversity in Aerospace sector as, in Pangea, we believe that diversity (gender, age, race, sexual orientation, beliefs, disability, etc.) is a key to success. Within Pangea, everyone can grow with the same opportunities. We encourage you to apply. Individually we are different, but together we are an amazing team!
We are looking for a Business Development position in Toulouse:
About the job:
Within the management team, you will work closely with our CCO and France Country Manager to analyze the market and properly target customers. You will participate in the commercial strategy, in commercial meetings, in the preparation and participation to international fairs and be responsible for tender and grants document writing and preparation.
A deep knowledge of the space sector and the European Space Agency will be very useful to carry on the missions for this role.
Your challenges and responsibilities:
Your main tasks will include, among others:
- Intelligence on open tenders and grants from national and European bodies (ESA, CDTI, CNES and European Commission)
- Manage bid opportunities at regional, national, and European level
- Responsible for the entire proposals process, from writing the proposal, coordinating with management and technical teams, managing partners and submitting and following-up the evaluation process.
- Business development: setting up a database of target customers and contact organization
- Market analysis: competitor analysis, SWOT analysis, geographical areas, market classification, etc.
What you need to be successful:
- +3 years' experience in bid management or engineering sales team in the space sector
- Deep knowledge of ESA tendering and organization
- Knowledge of chemical and electric space propulsion market and products will be highly valued.
- Fluent in English and French
- Autonomous and able to structure projects (timeline, budget and key activities)
- Rigorous and analytical mindset
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy working in a flexible and open-minded environment
- Creative and with experience in overcoming failure
- Travel availability
Not hitting every requirement? Research suggests that some people tend to hesitate when it comes to job applications if they don't meet all the desired qualifications. Here at Pangea Aerospace, we're committed to fostering a workplace that values diversity, inclusivity, and authenticity. So, if you're enthusiastic about this role but your prior experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification mentioned in the job description, we still strongly encourage you to apply. You might just be the ideal candidate for this position or other opportunities within our organization.
More about us…
We are an international and very multicultural team. Our work is guided by these core values:
- Teamwork, because we strive in working together as an aligned team towards our common goals.
- Respect & tolerance: we value people with integrity that treat other people with respect. We enjoy having diverse views to enrich the debate and take better decisions.
- Passion for growth: we are passionate about space and about being pioneers; also, we value personal and organizational growth aiming to a constant improvement.
- Sustainability: because a long-term vision and strategy is not possible if sustainability is not in the team’s core values.
- Daring: we do things that sometimes seem impossible, but we always go the extra mile to find a path to do them and we are ready to take the necessary risks to achieve our goals.
If this sounds good to you and you want to join the New Space revolution, we really want to meet you!