Autonomous Solutions Delivery Lead
Based in Oxford and with offices in Canada and the US, Oxbotica is an international startup founded in 2014 and scaling up rapidly (300+ Oxbots and growing).
As the global leader in our industry, we’re fuelled by a bold purpose: to make the Earth move better. From passenger shuttles to industrial vehicles, our operating system for Universal Autonomy™ is transforming the way people and goods are transported by enabling any vehicle, in any environment, to operate autonomously — safely, securely and efficiently.
Our technology is capturing investors’ imagination. To date we’ve raised $140 million in our Series C investment round. Accommodating growing demand from new and current shareholders, this funding is driving our expansion in North America and EMEA, and accelerating the deployment of our technology in domains where there is both urgent need and potential to scale.
The Solutions Team is a rapidly growing team at Oxa. It owns the whole customer lifecycle, and is charged with leveraging Oxa's world class expertise to deliver real world, commercially viable autonomous solutions that provide genuine, demonstrable value to customers. As such, the team is a unique blend of technical and commercial problem solvers that have experience in deploying robotic systems in the field and solving problems with autonomy. Members of the team have the opportunity to try on many hats - both technically across the autonomy stack and spanning from writing code to whiteboarding with customers to find the best solution.
The Solutions Team specifies (and may develop) tools required for delivering successful solutions. The team strives to understand all parts of the system to a level in which they can present and explain each of those components/modules of technology to a customer and how it contributed to the overall solution. Members of the Solutions Team are a dynamic and engaged group of people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds, all working together towards our goal of Universal Autonomy with an obsessive customer focus.
You will initially be given ownership to develop a customer solution using one or more components of our autonomy stack. Following this, you will be given the responsibility to lead a team to implement customer solutions utilizing the full autonomy stack. This is a fast-paced, wide-reaching role that will provide exposure across all components in our architecture and requires an experienced technical leader that also implements and delivers (i.e., a hybrid technical leadership / engineering management / IC role)
This role requires demonstrable experience in the leadership of technical teams and the end-to-end delivery of complete solutions as well as features within a system. There is also a strong requirement for clear, concise, and reliable reporting, with a quality appropriate for the Solutions team, executive team and the customer.
- Accountable for leading and mentoring a cross-functional squad whose purpose is to design, implement and deliver end-to-end autonomy solutions to our customers.
- Accountable for scoping new capabilities, contributing to technical roadmaps, and defining metric-based objectives for each customer solution.
- Responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships, developing a strong understanding of their use-cases and requirements, and curating communications between the customer and Oxa.
- Responsible for efficient and timely solution delivery through leading sprints and alignment meetings, and identifying and addressing any risks, scope creep, or performance-related issues that impede commercial deployment of our systems.
- Responsible for supporting the squad through regular stand ups, team meetings, and 1-2-1’s, and reporting up delivery progress and team health via regularly updated KPI dashboards and 2x2s.
- Responsible for encouraging collaboration across teams, participating in problem solving discussions, and identifying opportunities for knowledge sharing, code reviewing and pair programming.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s / MASc degree or equivalent experience in computer science or robotics.
- Demonstrable experience in delivery of proven systems, preferably related to robotics and autonomy.
- Experience leading and managing a team of engineers to deliver a solution.
- Able to communicate complex topics with both customers and engineers.
- Able to translate customer concepts and requirements to a technical solution or service.
- Working at the interface between software and hardware: deploying, configuring, debugging and evaluating.
- Launching a robotics/autonomous product.
- Writing software and tools in C++ and/or Python.
- Using project management tools to facilitate on time delivery
- A natural curiosity about the world and a can-do attitude.
- A love of collaboration.
- Proven agility in fast-changing environments. As a scale-up, we’re constantly evolving so our people need to evolve too for us to succeed together.
- An ability to build trust quickly with team members and other stakeholders.
- An open mind. We call ourselves ‘Learn it alls’ because we need to remain open to possibilities
The Candidate Journey: Multi-Step and Two-Way
No-one wants to feel like a square peg in a round hole, so this process is designed to give you every chance to get the measure of us, and us of you. The various stages give you every opportunity to show your unique strengths and qualities, and enables each of us to establish if we’re a good fit for the other. If the fit is good and you’re selected, you’re then in a position to do great work and thrive, which is what everyone wants.
- Competitive salary, benchmarked against the market and reviewed annually
- Company share programme
- Hybrid and/or flexible work arrangements
- Core benefits of market leading private healthcare, life assurance, critical illness cover, income protection, alongside a company paid health cash plan (including gym discounts)
- A flexible £2,000 (pro-rata) benefits fund to spend on additional benefits of your choice, including tech scheme and cycle to work benefits
- A salary exchange pension plan
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- A pet-friendly office environment
- Safe assigned spaces for team members with individual and diverse needs
Diversity is a marathon not a sprint! It is a journey with no destination. We are on a mission to unlock the benefits of self-driving technology to every person and organisation on the planet. We are creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work which put simply is the right thing to do. We hire and nurture those we can learn from, valuing diversity and the innovation that this drives.
We apply a neuro inclusive lens to our recruitment process and want each potential Oxbot to enjoy the best experience possible for them. We promote an open and inclusive culture that empowers our Oxbots to bring their whole, authentic selves to work every day. Oxa is proud to be an inclusive organisation and, as such, we require all team members within our recruitment process to understand and deploy best practices focused on de-biasing the whole recruitment cycle.
Please share with us any individual needs or reasonable adjustments we may need to make in advance of commencing the interview process with us.
Learn more about our culture here.
Why become an Oxbot?
Our team of experts in computer science, AI, robotics and machine learning is world-class, and together they’re solving the most exciting and important technological challenges of our times.
But as well as smarts, Oxbots have heart. Our diverse, multi-cultural crew is guided by a shared vision to bring the myriad benefits of autonomy to our customers and partners. And in a company that celebrates uniqueness as much as skill and experience, they do it with energy, conviction and a healthy dose of excitement, too.
If you are bold, creative and hyper skilled, come and create the future of autonomy with us at Oxa.