Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Working in the Mechanical Team
The Mechanical Team works closely with other areas of the business to design the mechanical parts of our satellites and support the build and testing of these. Pretty cool!
What will you be doing?
You’ll be leading the mechanical design, structural analysis and testing of flight and engineering hardware! Working closely with other team members to make sure we design and build our satellites effectively.
Alongside this you will support activities relating to AIT (assembly, integration & testing), quality management & operational excellence and, when required, sales activities learning from and supporting customers with technical understanding.
What you need to be successful
- You’ll be able to build mechanical design, from concept to drawing for manufacture using your knowledge in GD&T using ISO 1101, 2692 & 5458 or ASME Y14.5
- You’ll be confident using CAD tools to produce parts, assemblies & drawings, and management of CAD files
- You’ll be capable in system level structural analysis using Patran/Nastran, MSC Apex, Ansys or similar
- You’ll be communicating a lot, so be confident in speaking, listening and writing, sometimes within large groups including customers
- You’ll be capable to perform high quality assembly in a professional environment