GIS & Geodata Specialist
About The Job
As a GIS specialist, you will work in our geodata processing team. You will apply
our AI-analysis algorithms to extract forest inventory data from our remote sensing
and terrestrial data sources. It will be your responsibility to create our forestry inventory maps and ensure their quality. These maps are the foundation of our forest
management software Dynamic Forest. You will work closely with our engineering
team to continuously improve our AI processing algorithms.
As we are a fast-paced business that grows and evolves, we need our employees
to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new
problems and push technology forward. We believe that, in addition to hiring the
best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of
better products and services. We hire people who are smart and passionate, and
we favor ability and willingness to learn over experience.
We are hiring full time positions as well as part time positions for students that are
currently enrolled in a master’s degree.
- Utilize your expertise in GIS mapping
- Engage in remote sensing geodata quality assurance
- Utilize your expertise to apply our AI data analytics workflows for our forest inventory analysis
- Work closely with our software engineering team to improve our processing methodology
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving large scale geodata and processing
- Bachelor‘s degree in Land Management, Forestry, Geoinformatics, Geomatics,
Remote Sensing or similar
- Basic GIS knowledge (QGIS or ArcGIS)
- Ability to speak and write in German and English fluently
Ability to work in a small and agile team with quick decision making
- Strong competencies in QGIS or ArcGIS
- Experience in geodata processing and data management
- Experience with forestry, forestry inventory & stand mapping
- Experience with applying (python or R) scripts
- Experience with photogrammetry software
- Basic (B-Level) in German
- Central location, with great startup vibes
- Regular team activities
- Have a large influence in the development of a meaningful solution to an urgent topic for humanity
OCELL is a Munich based startup in the field of large-scale analytics for forestry and
carbon storage. We are building the
Operating System of Sustainable and Data-Driven Forestry.
Our next-generation forest technology applies AI algorithms to airplane, drone and
satellite imagery to extract meaningful insights on the state of a forest’s health, its
distribution of trees species, inventory, carbon storage and much more. Our customer
platform Dynamic Forest allows all stakeholders in forestry to connect, explore, and interact with the information that we extracted from our AI analytics. This is introducing a new approach of data-driven decision making which is changing the way how millions of hectares of forestry are being managed. Our vision is to take forest management to the next level and leverage our Dynamic Forest platform to introduce the most transparent carbon credit certification that will allow our customers to benefit from the ecosystem services they provide.
OCELL is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender
Something looks off?