Nautilus is building artificial intelligence to advance the efficiency of ocean commerce. We deliver technology to help shipping companies minimize fuel consumption, maximize operational efficiency, and optimize fleet performance. By arming ship owners and operators with real-time predictive decision support, Nautilus is reducing greenhouse gas emissions and making global trade sustainable.
Ocean shipping consumes over $100 billion dollars of fuel every year, and up to 30% of it can be saved. For owner-operators, reliance on manually collected and analyzed data makes it difficult to optimize fleet performance in real-time. By providing a unified data platform that leverages machine learning, Nautilus helps its clients make better decisions to maximize the return on each ship and every voyage. For our clients, this means they drive closer collaboration, greater transparency, and stronger accountability across their global teams every day.
To support our growth, we are seeking a technology sales professional to build relationships with maritime shipping businesses and sell a unique SaaS solution that provides quantifiable value and efficiency to shipping organizations. In order to be successful, you must be empathetic, technically-minded, and analytical, as well as possess experience executing full-cycle consultative enterprise sales.
To start, this means you are a rockstar individual contributor, who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves, get creative, and find innovative and personalized ways to secure meetings with new prospective clients. Long-term, this means having the passion and desire to exceed sales targets, develop deep trusted relationships with our clients, and coach/mentor new members of the Sales teams as we grow.
More than just being a Sales Manager, you will play an elemental role in our long-term engagement lifecycle with clients. While you will have clear KPIs focused on securing and growing revenue streams, you will collaborate closely with Success, Integrations, Product, and Engineering, in order to ensure the long-term success of partnerships that you bring in. And you will have the opportunity to work directly with the C-Suite at a high-growth NYC-headquartered start-up, while shaping the future of our operations in Northern Europe.
Outcomes for the role.
- Own top-of-the-funnel outreach activities for individual sales pipeline
- Manage sales cycle from initial discovery to post-kickoff.
- Meet or exceed quarterly signings targets
- Internalize common product use cases and own product demonstrations with prospective customers
- Build a technical understanding of product as well as prospects’ needs in order to provide valuable feedback to Nautilus Labs engineering and product teams
- Help Nautilus Labs roll out a territory or account prioritization strategy
- You have sold to Enterprise clients for 2+ years in a closing sales role, and have been in prospecting-driven sales role for 4+ years
- Prior experience and deep belief in data-driven sales methodologies
- Interested in and adept at rapidly learning about a new industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to generate client-facing content and dialogue
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to attain key metrics and targets
- Results-driven strategic thinker who is able to thrive in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- Experience up-selling/cross-selling new products within an existing customer base
- Passionate about our mission and in changing the way a massive industry works
- Personable, collaborative, thoughtful, empathetic, tenacious, with a good sense of humor
- Able to communicate effectively across cultures, time zones, and geographies
- Prior experience (4+ years) working at early-stage or growth-stage startups
- Prior experience (4+ years) in SaaS and solution selling data/analytics tools
- Prior experience (4+ years) working in the maritime industry with ship owner-operating companies
Our core values.
Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by environmentalism and a future where shipping is sustainable and safe. A team member joining Nautilus is...
We are THOUGHTFUL, with a bias towards action.
We are an INCLUSIVE crew, and we are not passengers along for the ride.
We are DIRECT and we ask the tough questions.
We EMPATHIZE with humanity.
Location: Germany (Remote)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?