Software Project Manager - NASA HUNCH
Nanoracks is a cutting-edge aerospace company focusing on providing commercial access to space, currently on the International Space Station (ISS), suborbital vehicles, expendable launch vehicles, and more! We have sent over 1,000 payloads to the Space Station, kickstarted the CubeSat deployment revolution, and have customers in over 30 nations.
Since 2009, Nanoracks has created and expanded new in-space markets and has been the world leader for ushering in a new era of in-space services. Currently, Nanoracks is working to build commercial space stations (“Outposts”) from the spent upper stages of launch vehicles in orbit. This technology will enable spent upper stages to be used as crewed and un-crewed space stations for various purposes and customers—both civil and commercial.
Nanoracks will provide and facilitate an ecosystem of interoperable technologies and distributed free flying space stations. You can read our approach here.
We hope you’ll apply to join our team. We work with leaders from all over the world, including NASA, universities and government centers both foreign and domestic, and commercial companies. We’re fast, fun, passionate, and love sending things to space.
What We're Looking For
Smart, talented, critical thinkers with an ability to handle responsibility in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape. You will own your projects and be results oriented. Nanoracks is a small company (70+ awesome people), but we interface with much larger organizations from around the world. You will need to be able to work in small and large groups as well as simultaneously execute an entire project on time.
Software Project Manager - NASA HUNCH
Nanoracks is seeking a candidate to manage the software and website development programs within the NASA HUNCH program. This individual will develop the NASA HUNCH program Software program and work with participating student software teams across the country. This includes concept development, requirements and constraints definition, analysis and integration. This will also include testing of solutions for NASA and commercial space challenges. This project manager will provide expertise to student teams across the country and will lead other mentors across the country working with these student teams. This individual will determine critical dates for meeting preliminary, critical and final design reviews and will coordinate with the Project Managers of the Biomedical and health as well as Design & Prototype programs.
This person will also serve as the HUNCH mentor in the North Texas region. Mentoring teachers and students for Biomedical and health, Hardware, Soft-goods, Video, Culinary, HUNCH Academy, and Design & Prototype programs.
This candidate would also be responsible for the development of the NASA HUNCH website and oversee the collection and compilation of critical information from schools, students, and teachers. This candidate will also be responsible for developing and using HUNCH social media to highlight student accomplishments, events and to spread the HUNCH program to various platforms, therefore generating more PR for the NASA HUNCH program.
Project Manager of HUNCH Software Program
- Create, develop and manage HUNCH Software Program in collaboration with HUNCH management team and project managers.
- Work with software teams from NASA and commercial entities to develop student projects for the school year.
- Work with student teams and teachers across country supporting them with their software projects.
- Determine student team finalists participating in software program that will attend the Final Design Review in Houston.
- Meet regularly with Biohealth and Design and Prototype Manager regarding schedules of meetings and design reviews
Website developer for the NASA HUNCH program
- Maintain and improve current HUNCH Website
- Develop and implement next generation HUNCH Website
- Oversee and ensure completion of Talent Authorization aspects of programs
- Oversee and manage overall website design
- Manage and add components of social media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram) to get the word out about HUNCH activities
- Manage and execute other website improvements as requested by HUNCH leadership team
Reginal Mentor / Manger
- Mentor and manager of the Dallas area for all NASA HUNCH projects in partnership with Johannes Starks (Design & Prototype, Video, Biomed, software and Culinary)
- Coordinate and support PDR’s and CDR’s in Dallas area
- Seek partnerships that would grant potential scholarships for students traveling to Houston for
Final Design Reviews and other events
• Project management
• Advanced knowledge of software languages and coding (20 plus years)
• Advanced Software development
• Understanding of Virtual Reality and AI programs
• Understanding and experience with NASA programs, projects and requirements
• Advanced understanding of physics and microgravity aspects (10 plus years)
• Ability to multitask several projects and task higher priorities
• Advanced abilities for website development (10 plus years)
• Experience working with students on Engineering/Software projects (5 plus years)
It is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran stats, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, lay-off, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
Competitive with local and industry standard.
Something looks off?