Value Engineer - Commercial
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
This Value Engineer will start as an individual contributor and will grow to lead a team to express both the quantitative value a prospect can expect by using Motive Card, and the value a customer receives by working with Motive. They will work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, and Marketing to identify and size the inefficiencies in a typical fleet operation and use proprietary internal and customer data to highlight how Motive addresses these inefficiencies. This person will also uncover interesting anecdotes and data that can be leveraged by our marketing team in talk tracks and content/collateral.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver analysis on customer and business problems by incorporating data from various internal and customer sources
- Build and deliver compelling data-driven presentations to inform decision making
- Cultivate creative eye for what anecdotal data will pique customer interest, and ability to translate that into deliverables
- Leverage data tools like excel, SQL and Tableau to make use of our data
- Develop a perspective on where customer inefficiencies reside and help product prioritize a roadmap to address the largest inefficiencies
- Work with the finance and sales teams to communicate custom deals and rebate off with larger customers in the context of savings
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years working in a highly analytical and data-heavy capacity within the SaaS or Consulting space
- Technical curiosity with ability to clearly evaluate and present insights
- Ability to tell a story using data and data visualization
- Enjoy solving loosely defined problems and effective at evaluating where to spend time to drive the most value
- Strong technical skills with Excel and SQL highly preferred
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.