Mechanical Integration Engineer
As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a Mechanical Integration Engineer to serve as a key interface between the requirements, design, subsystem engineering, system engineering, and production teams! Integration engineer will also create thorough documentation for the process they implement to ensure that others can correctly interpret it. This role will involve a considerable and detailed amount of communication with organization clients. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on new space technologies.
- Integrating new hardware and complex systems
- Determining that the outcome of the integration has met the organization’s needs
- Educating the organization and clients about the system and hardware integration procedure, its implementation, and its use.
- Handling a broad range of software and other programming tasks to ensure that their systems integrations are functional.
- Defining integration strategies and methods and then planning them in accordance with established deadlines and time schedules
- Creating and providing technical documentation that explains upcoming or existing integrations to non-technical individuals
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong team player with proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads
- Result driven, demonstrates ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise, and professional communication.
- Can work independently and as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and internal customers with differing backgrounds and at various hierarchical levels.
- Strong analytic capability and a pro-active initiating attitude
- Detailed level planning skills
- Experience with MS Project is a plus
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Jira and similar project management tools
- Exceptional time management, organization, and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while producing quality work products
- Experience with spacecraft design, development, integration, or test, with knowledge at the component through level
- Validated understanding of thinking skills and behaviors design and test experience with one or more subsystems or fields outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
- Skilled in CAD control
- Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning expertise
- Extensive knowledge of Mechanical Integration through education or equivalent experience/combined education
- Experience of mechanical design, mechanical integration, ATLO, and/or manufacturing experience
- Experience defining and documenting mechanical interfaces
- Experience coordinating with multiple engineering fields (Mechanical, Electrical, Flight Sciences, Materials, Manufacturing, Test, etc.)
- Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
- Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware products throughout the full life cycle of the program
- Certified Principal (CPE) or Delegate CPE for mechanical structures or similar and Engineering Material Review (EMRB) experience; ability to interact with hardware CPEs and designers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
- Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution vital to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and tackle numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
- Proven track record to lead teams and get results without direct authority
Education & Work Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering
- Preferred: MS Degree in Engineering, Physics
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Required experience closely related & discipline to space
- Annual Base Salary Range: $ 126,000.00 - $ 154,000.00/per year
- Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. Your actual base salary will be determined on job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?