Please review the job details below.
Join the Maxar team as a Software Engineer supporting Special Operations!
At Maxar, we seek to harness our collective experiences and skills to create technical capabilities that contribute to U.S. national security. We work towards Maxar's values by directly supporting our special operations partners and their challenging missions to conduct global special operations and activities to protect and advance U.S. policies and objectives. As a Maxar team member, you will have the opportunity to closely support our mission partners, and your work will have direct impact on mission imperatives.
Is this you?
- You excel in an agile and fast-paced development environment and are comfortable working at the speed of mission.
- You thrive on working closely with other developers, technologists, government task leaders and analysts across multiple disciplines in a collaborative environment to advance mission objectives.
- You are a creative problem-solver who wants to apply breakthrough technologies for the good of humanity.
- You are curious and enjoy the challenge of solving hard problems and will stop at nothing to find a solution.
Who we are:
- We are a multi-faceted software development team working to build and maintain software applications backed by a self-managed cloud infrastructure with a true big-data footprint (over 10 petabytes)
- Our diverse background of experience in mission support and software development serves as a catalyst to solve unique and challenging intelligence problems in support of special operations analysts and their on-going activities.
- Prototyping and frequent, iterative feedback are core to our delivery approach, anchored by a need to work quickly in support of our missions.
Minimum Required Quest Items:
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI and be willing and able to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field.
- 5 years of related experience.
- Experience with backend languages (e.g. Python, C#, Java)
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g. Django, FastAPI, Flask)
- Experience with DevOps and automation tools (e.g. Docker, Ansible, Gitlab)
- Experience with databases, both relational and nosql (e.g. PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, DeltaLake, HDFS, YARN)
- Must be willing to work onsite in Springfield, VA.
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$131,000.00 - $219,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.