Operations Support Engineer
Please review the job details below.
Maxar Intelligence is a provider of secure, precise, geospatial intelligence. We deliver disruptive value to government and commercial customers to help them monitor, understand and navigate our changing planet. Our unique approach combines decades of deep mission understanding and a proven commercial and defense foundation to deploy solutions and deliver insights with unrivaled speed, scale and cost effectiveness. We are hiring immediately for a Operations Support Engineer (OSE) to join our team in Longmont, CO.
Life with Us
Your Project: In this role, you will assume an integral role in the day-to-day operations and troubleshooting responsibility for Maxar’s ground system network which includes the Mission Operations Center (MOC), Constellation Scheduling System, and Production systems. As Maxar is transitioning to a new cloud-based ground system, you will need to understand and play a significant troubleshooting role with AWS technology. Additionally, you will be the point of contact with both internal and external support teams for our worldwide network of Direct Access Facilities (DAF) and Remote Ground Terminals (RGTs).
Your Career: We are very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
There is a reason we boast awards like Best Employer, Best Place to work, Top employer, candidate experience winner. Our strength is in our people. Each team member makes a unique contribution to our collective mission. So, we recognize that with best-in-class benefits like:
• Career growth opportunities
• Family friendly benefits like maternity and paternity leave, adoption reimbursement, flexible hours, hybrid work options
• Program to help you grow like tuition reimbursement, hackathons, and career development
• Student loan repayment
• Generous time off
• Plus everything you’d expect from a leading employer such as a matching and immediately vest 401K plan, robust insurance coverage, medical, dental and vision, etc.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
- Assist the operations teams in ground system troubleshooting and anomaly resolutions; may include gathering data and generating reports for ground engineering support and management teams.
- Perform ground system telemetry trending and monitoring, generate ground system health metrics and charts for dissemination to management teams.
- Vendor management, including the leading of a weekly teleconference with key vendor and reconciling metrics reports with this vendor.
- Help in developing next generation operational tools on our new cloud platform.
- Technical writing of proposals, design documentation, statements of work, etc.
- Clearly and effectively communicate and coordinate with customers and external vendors.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Strong troubleshooting skills and technical acumen with curiosity around both hardware and software
- Ability to accommodate travel up to 2%
- Ability to accommodate a 5-week rotational shift all the while earning shift differential.
- SHIFT DETAILS: Week 1 – first half day shifts, Sat-Wed 6am – 2pm; Week 2 – second half day shifts, 6 days off, then Wed – Fri 6am – 2pm; Week 3 – swing shifts, Mon-Fri 12pm – 10pm; Week 4 – mid shifts, Mon-Fri 9pm – 5am plus Sat. and Sun. 5pm – 5am (7 days on); Week 5 – Mon-Fri off (5 days off)
These skills would be amazing:
- 1+ years of experience in satellite ground systems and operations
- Proficiency in a Linux operating environment
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, Java)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Kibana and Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Experience with build CI/CD systems like Jenkins, Travis, or Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Person who enjoys hands-on work
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including customer communication and technical writing
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$56,000.00 - $94,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.