Navigation Systems Engineer
Please review the job details below.
Maxar Intelligence is a provider of secure, precise, geospatial intelligence. We deliver disruptive value to government and commercial customers to help them monitor, understand and navigate our changing planet. Our unique approach combines decades of deep mission understanding and a proven commercial and defense foundation to deploy solutions and deliver insights with unrivaled speed, scale and cost effectiveness. Maxar is currently seeking a Navigation Systems Engineer to join our Navigation Systems team in Westminster, CO.
Navigation Systems team members are responsible for orbit determination, orbit prediction, orbit maintenance, and collision avoidance operations and associated software development for Maxar's Earth Intelligence spacecraft constellation. Navigations Systems team members also support orbit design, development, integration, and testing of Maxar's next generation spacecraft. As a Navigation Systems Engineer, you will work as part of larger multi-disciplinary teams that include spacecraft system engineers, ground system engineers, software engineers and spacecraft operations teams.
What You Will Do:
Support the Navigation Systems team in the execution of spacecraft navigation operations, mission design, analyses, system development, and documentation.
- Derive and test spacecraft navigation algorithms for improved accuracy, speed, optimization, and spacecraft safety.
- Perform analyses to quantify operational performance metrics.
- Develop spacecraft navigation software in a cloud-based, service architecture.
- Execute predicted orbit maintenance scenarios to maintain constellation orbits and spacecraft safety.
- Perform spacecraft navigation tasks in support of launch and early operations for next generation earth observation spacecraft constellation.
- Write technical documents to capture procedures and results.
- Communicate spacecraft navigation status and analyses results across broader organization and space operator community.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. government security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, physics, or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in orbital mechanics, statistical estimation, and associated spacecraft navigation software development
- Ability and willingness to support spacecraft operations during off-nominal hours
- M.S. or PhD in aerospace engineering or related technical field
- Strong and innovative computer language skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Python, and GitHub
- Excellent written & oral communication
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical groups
- Superb problem-solving, root cause identification, Verification and Validation (V&V) skillsets
- Strong background in Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) theory, algorithms, toolkits, automation, research, and/or applications
- Experience in Spacecraft Trajectory Optimization and/or NASA's General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT)
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$104,000.00 - $174,000.00 annually.
Additionally, this position is incentive eligible with a target based on contribution, company performance, and/or individual results achieved; the specific incentive plan and target amount will be determined based on the role and breadth of contributions.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.