Sr Manager, Sales Engineering (Asia Pacific)
Please review the job details below.
What we are seeking: Maxar is seeking an Asia Pacific Sales Engineering Manager to join Maxar’s International Government team. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of being a technical leader, collaborative influencer and innovative thinker.
Why It Matters: The Asia Pacific is a diverse and fast-growing region. To support the next phase of growth, we are looking for a dynamic and results-oriented technical leader to lead the Sales Engineers to support government customers in Asia Pacific. This role will be responsible for leading and coaching Sales Engineers located at different parts of Asia delivering client value across all Maxar offerings, with a focus on Maxar solutions sales to support governments’ national objectives. Our business is fueled by delivering tangible value to our customers, and we need a team member who is obsessed with making that happen.
Who We Are: Maxar is the world leader in earth intelligence. Since the 1970s, Maxar has served the US Government, allied governments, civil, and commercial customers with full cycle solutions from imaging satellite design, manufacturing, and operation to ground station engineering, image enhancement and AI/ML image enrichment. Maxar has the highest resolution and most accurate earth imagery at global scale, with an unparalleled 20+ year image archive and the most accurate 3D representation of the globe.
Where: This role is based in our Westminster office, Colorado.
The Role: As the Sales Engineering Manager, your job is to drive and lead complex technical solutions that tie existing and emerging capabilities and services together across the public sector. You will be expected to:
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with current and new government and national security customers. Gain recognition as a trusted and respected representative of Maxar
· Identify potential partners and opportunities to partner with other systems integrators to drive business
· Partner with regional sales teams to identify solutions for targeted clients
· Collaborate with the respective domain experts across the organization to leverage on their expertise in order to put together a compelling solution for the customer
· Guide the positioning and articulation of our key value propositions to targeted, high value customers
· Direct responsibility for solution technical sales. This includes coaching regional sales and sales engineer teams in technical pre-sales aspects of the government industry in concert with regional sales and other technical expert stakeholders
· Take a “hands-on” approach when called for on top innovation projects, coaching sales, technical teams and business unit execs in technical and solution strategies
· Help in driving the design/development of custom products/solutions
· Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders.
· Rigorous technical and solutions qualification of innovation projects and sales opportunities focusing resources on those opportunities/projects which differentiate in the marketplace.
· Interact directly with customers and their technical experts to review, understand, and gather requirements and convey those technical requirements to Maxar internal teams
· Articulate and clearly communicate with multiple Maxar stakeholders and leaders with consistency and integrity.
· Scope, build and deliver customer demonstrations
Understand Our Customers:
· Identify key technical stakeholders and their drivers within an organization.
· Use consultative selling skills to understand operational, mission and business challenges of customers.
· Leverage on your technical knowledge and experience to assist regional sales in qualifying opportunities and advise on the feasibility of proposed solution
· 10+ years of enterprise experience in relevant technical and business fields in remote sensing, defense and intelligence or the geospatial industry.
· Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Math)
· U.S. or International defense customer experience
· Experience developing and contributing to proposal in response to RFIs, RFPs, and tenders in complex environments and short timeframes
· Ability to travel domestically or internationally averaging about 25% with occasional peaks up to 50%
· Comfort and experience presenting technical solutions (products and services) to senior government and industry decision makers
· Master’s degree in an Engineering or related Discipline
· Experience working within the GEOINT, Earth Imagery, Derivatives, and/or Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning markets.
· Experience with the sale, delivery, and operation of customer-operated satellite ground segments
· Proficiency with GIS exploitation software (i.e. ESRI ArcGIS, BAE SOCET GXP, QGIS, ERDAS IMAGINE)
· Systems engineering, software engineering, or program management experience in the context of defense programs
· Expertise and knowledge in the entire development system life cycle, to include Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
· Experience identifying, organizing and delivering, and reporting on customer technology demonstrations
· Experience completing competitive or teaming analyses from a technology perspective
Active US Government Secret security clearance
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$124,000.00 - $206,000.00 annually.
Additionally, this position is incentive eligible with a target based on contribution, company performance, and/or individual results achieved; the specific incentive plan and target amount will be determined based on the role and breadth of contributions.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.