Director of Software Systems Engineering
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking a Director of Software Systems Engineering to lead a portfolio of programs focused on solving some of the hardest problems in the US Government. We need someone with a deep technical background who also has a wealth of experience in program management who can mentor and assist other program managers. In this role, you will manage a team of 5 – 6 direct reports, and 60 – 70 indirect reports. You will be responsible for building high performing teams who function in Agile software development constructs. Previous experience as a Product Owner or Scrum Master will serve you well.
In addition to background experience in the space industry, your role will center around helping your teams succeed, in addition to hitting your monthly, quarterly, and yearly targets for revenue and profit. A portion of your time will be focused on business development – both in growing existing contracts within your portfolio, and in pursuing and winning recompetes and new opportunities.
In addition, you will be responsible for reaching across and throughout the business to achieve your goals. The ability to demo capabilities and present materials to executives within and outside of Maxar to gain buy-in is important. This is a high-visibility role with a lot of authority and responsibility.
- US citizen with active TS/SCI security clearance. Willing to undergo and pass a CI polygraph
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, engineering, business, or geography
- 10+ years of experience working in, or for, the intelligence or defense community or US government
- 3+ years of experience as a Program Manager of a multi-million dollar contract
- Demonstrated success in delivering functioning systems to the government’s satisfaction using Agile design and development techniques
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience in people management
- Experience working with subcontractors
- Willingness to work in a Sensitive Compartment Information Facility (SCIF) as needs dictate
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Agile or Program Management certifications
- Previous experience as a Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Network of existing contacts throughout the US Government
- Understanding of the space domain and offerings in the market
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$173,000.00 - $289,000.00 annually.
Additionally, this position is incentive eligible with a target based on contribution, company performance, and/or individual results achieved; the specific incentive plan and target amount will be determined based on the role and breadth of contributions.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.