Flight Software Development Engineer
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a number of Flight Software Engineers at a variety of levels to join our teams in San Jose, CA or Westminster, CO. In this role, you will work on a variety of challenging projects including NASA’s Power Propulsion Element.
Life with Us
Your Project: You will be responsible for applying advanced technical skillsets with C/C++ and Ada software development for embedded systems. Your primary responsibility will be to generate code, but you will also be intimately involved in testing, debugging, integration, and operational testing.
Your Career: We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager, the Manager of Software Engineering out of our office in San Jose, CA, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
- Our software is written for embedded Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS), so an understanding of RTOS concepts is highly desirable
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops software verification plans, unit level and open loop test suites and procedures, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software product life cycle management.
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, processes and system-specific issues.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Expert embedded C++ programing skills on multicore-processor architecture
- Experience in one or more of these areas:
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC). Ability to read flows, understand control laws, able to convert matlab code to C++ or ADA.
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Fault Detection, Isolation, and Recovery (FDIR).
- Thermal systems
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) System on a Chip (Soc). DoD or NASA background preferred as would be primarily for USG contracts.
- Command and telemetry processing
- Embedded systems architecture
- Infrastructure – I/O, Operating systems, drivers, hardware interfaces
These skills would be amazing:
- Master’s degree or PhD in related field
- VxWorks 7 or equivalent systems
- Experience on SpW and TTE
- Ada programming
- Worked on satellite software development from inception to launch
- Experience with large-scale satellite software development projects
- Experience with CMMI-3
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with hands-off, remote management.
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$112,000.00 - $187,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.