Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Please review the job details below.
At Maxar Intelligence, we unlock the promise of space intelligence to help governments and businesses solve problems on earth and beyond. Since humans first explored our solar system, we have been supporting space missions with our tools. Maxar partners with innovative businesses and more than 50 governments to monitor global change, deliver broadband communications and advance space operations with capabilities in Space Infrastructure and Earth Intelligence. Now is your chance to amplify your impact, working to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We are hiring immediately for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer for our Mission Control team in our Westminster, CO office. The position has the flexibility to work in the office, work from home, or a combination.
This role is within the Mission Control group, which is responsible for design and development of software that support satellites serving multiple LEO missions. The role reports to an Agile Manager and works with System Engineers, Operations Engineers, Spacecraft Engineers, Scrum Master, Product Owners and Agile Manager.
As a member of an agile scrum team, the Software Development Engineer will work on a cross-functional team on the next gen, Cloud-based, satellite system software. The team member will provide on-schedule, high quality, operational and test code adhering to designs, acceptance criteria and corporate standards, with appropriate demonstrations and documentation. Your day to day will be focused on creating software that will facilitate the command & control, data collection and monitoring of health and safety of our Imaging Satellites.
What you will do day-to-day with your colleagues:
The engineering group for this position is responsible for the Mission Control Infrastructure and Devops (MCID) domain of the Maxar Ground System for our constellation of earth observation satellites. The role reports to an Agile Manager and works with System Engineers, Operations Engineers, Spacecraft Engineers, Space Vehicle Operators, Scrum Master and Product Owners.
As a member of an agile scrum team, the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will work on a cross-functional team on the next gen, cloud-based, satellite ground system software. The team member will provide technical code to deploy infrastructure and pipelines that support our ground system.
- Work with various teams throughout our Space Engineering Organization to develop good architecture best practices through IAC.
- Develop automated unit and functional tests.
- Work with team members to ensure infrastructure is secure.
- Demonstration and documentation of functionality and test results of infrastructure as code.
- Troubleshoot operational issues with infrastructure.
- Support deadlines and communicate issues/results.
- Participate in Communities of Practice for adherence and improvement of best practices.
- Must be a US Citizen the the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
- Minimum 2 years DevOps / SysOps work with complex systems that are uptime critical
- Expertise with Kubernetes
- Expertise in UNIX/Linux environments
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Ability to communicate complex topics that allows teams to get up to speed quickly
- Experience with Ruby/Python
- Experience with BASH and Linux systems
- Experience with Aerospace and/or Satellite Ground Systems
- Experience with test automation languages/frameworks: Cucumber, TFSec, Behave, Expect
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with ops support of a complex UNIX-based system
- Expertise with test automation
Life with Us
There is a reason we boast awards like Best Employer, Best Place to work, Top employer, candidate experience winner. Our strength is in our people. Each team member makes a unique contribution to our collective mission. So, we recognize that with best-in-class benefits like:
- Robust medical, dental and vision for affordable monthly payments
- Career growth opportunities
- Family friendly benefits like maternity and paternity leave, adoption reimbursement, flexible hours, hybrid work options
- Program to help you grow like tuition reimbursement, hackathons, and career development
- Student loan repayment
- “Generous” time off
- 401K plan with matching and immediate vesting schedule
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$79,000.00 - $131,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.