Please review the job details below.
At Maxar we unlock the promise of space intelligence to help governments and businesses solve problems on earth and beyond. Since humans first explored our solar system, we have been supporting space missions with our tools. Maxar partners with innovative businesses and more than 50 governments to monitor global change, deliver broadband communications and advance space operations with capabilities in Space Infrastructure and Earth Intelligence. Now is your chance to amplify your impact, working to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We are hiring immediately for an ISSO to join our team in Herndon, VA.
What you will do day-to-day:
The ISSO will interact with systems and software engineers, integration and test specialists and others to manage the information security and information assurance activities. This position will provide support to the integrated hardware and software product. Successful execution of this role will combine cyber security principles, DoD Information Assurance tasks and unwavering dedication to team excellence. In this role, you will work in an Agile Scrum environment working across functional teams.
- Oversee Information Assurance compliance for USG network integrated systems to include software vulnerability testing and hardware hardening.
- Work closely with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and Security Manager in the operations and management of the Information Assurance (IA) and Computer Security (CS) for program networks.
- Provide experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and its application under the DoD in this position.
- Analyze and resolve INFOSEC technical problems. Configures testbeds and conducts testing, records and analyzes results, and provides recommendations for improvements for the products/systems under test.
- Support full lifecycle Assessment and Authorization (A&A) deliverables, Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM) and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Configuration Control to include: Software/hardware authorizations, network configuration changes, and system security engineering.
- Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis.
Life with Us:
There is a reason we boast awards like Best Employer, Best Place to work, Top employer, candidate experience winner. Our strength is in our people. Each team member makes a unique contribution
to our collective mission. So, we recognize that with best-in-class benefits like:
• Career growth opportunities
• Family friendly benefits like maternity and paternity leave, adoption reimbursement, flexible hours, hybrid work options
• Program to help you grow like tuition reimbursement, hackathons, and career development
• Student loan repayment
• Generous time off
• Plus everything you’d expect from a leading employer such as a matching and immediately vest 401K plan, robust insurance coverage, medical, dental and vision, etc.
- Must be U.S. Citizen and be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business or related scientific or technical discipline. 4 years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with DoD software policies and DoD system security requirements to include National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM).
- Current/active TS/SCI
- IAT II Certification
- Experience working on UNIX/Linux platforms and TCP/IP security.
- Previous experience working as a security professional in a SAP/SCI environment on government contracts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira issue tracking software.
- Agile development and/or SCRUM experience.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Experience supporting DoD information collection systems.
- Effectively work in a fast-paced operations support environment as part of an Agile Scrum team.
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$92,000.00 - $154,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.