Aerospace Engineer - Sensor Calibration
Please review the job details below.
At Maxar Intelligence, we unlock the promise of space intelligence to help governments and businesses solve problems on earth and beyond. Since humans first explored our solar system, we have been supporting space missions with our tools. Maxar Intelligence, partners with innovative businesses and more than 50 governments to monitor global change, deliver broadband communications and advance space operations with capabilities in Space Infrastructure and Earth Intelligence. Now is your chance to amplify your impact, working to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We are hiring immediately for a Aerospace Engineer - Censor Calibration to join our team in Westminster and or Longmont, CO. This position allows for a few days of working from the office and from home, each week.
What you will do day-to-day with your colleagues:
This new position will assist on calibration and development activities within the Geometric Calibration Team, with emphasis on optical instrument geospatial accuracy, performing calibration and commissioning of new MAXAR space imaging platforms while maintaining the accuracy and performance of the existing on-orbit constellation.
In this role, you will demonstrate knowledge or experience in remote sensing image reconstruction. You will work to develop cloud-enabled calibration services while improving the underlying functionality of the service / scientific core. You will perform research to improve the accuracy and precision of the image reconstruction process and maintain state of the art algorithm and software systems.
Life with Us:
There is a reason we boast awards like Best Employer, Best Place to work, Top employer, candidate experience winner. Our strength is in our people. Each team member makes a unique contribution
to our collective mission. So, we recognize that with best-in-class benefits like:
• Career growth opportunities
• Family friendly benefits like maternity and paternity leave, adoption reimbursement, flexible hours, hybrid work options
• Program such as, tuition reimbursement, hackathons, and career development
• Student loan repayment
• Generous time off
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision at affordable monthly prices
- Must be a US Citizen
- Staff level - Master’s degree in aerospace, mechanical, electrical engineering, optical engineering, or photogrammetry with a focus on satellite or aerial remote sensing image reconstruction as well as 3-5 years of experience, or a PhD with 1-3 years of experience
- Sr Staff level - Master’s degree in aerospace, mechanical, electrical engineering, optical engineering, or photogrammetry with a focus on satellite or aerial remote sensing image reconstruction as well as 5-7 years of experience, or a PhD with 3-5 years of experience
- Strong background in Optimal Estimation Theory
- Experience programming in C++ and Python
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment and using Git for version control
- Experience and/or desire to work in a research and analysis environment
- Experience with other estimation and analysis techniques such as Digital Filtering, Least Squares, or Monte Carlo analysis
- Experience with Matlab or ENVI/IDL
- Experience calibrating on-orbit electro-optical imaging sensors
- Experience with high precision remote sensing data
- Willing and able to acquire a US government security clearance at the secret level
- Experience or interest in Cloud Computing and associated technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD
- Knowledge or experience in visual satellite modeling software – STK or other
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$84,000.00 - $140,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.