Mission Planning Operations Engineer
Please review the job details below.
Maxar Intelligence is a provider of secure, precise, geospatial intelligence. We deliver disruptive value to government and commercial customers to help them monitor, understand and navigate our changing planet. Our unique approach combines decades of deep mission understanding and a proven commercial and defense foundation to deploy solutions and deliver insights with unrivaled speed, scale and cost effectiveness.
We are hiring immediately for a Mission Planning Operations Engineer to join our team in Longmont, CO.
Life with Us:
There is a reason we boast awards like Best Employer, Best Place to work, Top employer, candidate experience winner. Our strength is in our people. Each team member makes a unique contributionto our collective mission. So, we recognize that with best-in-class benefits like:
• Career growth opportunities
• Family friendly benefits like maternity and paternity leave, adoption reimbursement, flexible hours, hybrid work options
• Program to help you grow like tuition reimbursement, hackathons, and career development
• Student loan repayment
• Generous time off
• Plus everything you’d expect from a leading employer such as a matching and immediately vest 401K plan, robust insurance coverage, medical, dental and vision, etc.
- Participate in the Agile Software Development Life Cycle process used to facilitate system baseline changes to the mission planning ground system software
- Work directly with feature owners, other systems engineers, program managers, product owners, developers, testers and operations teams to define features and generate optimal system designs
- Create system-level design artifacts with an ability to define and manage requirements in the context of these artifacts
- Participate in design sessions with component SMEs and collaboratively work across the organization to define and implement the resulting designs
- Lead development of as-built models and design documents for software components to ensure all documentation is current
- Participate in design sessions with internal clients from back-end processing to user interfaces, with an emphasis on mission planning within the ground systems
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Computer Science, Physical Science, Mathematics or related field
- Requires at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills is a must
- Capable of creating engineering designs and incorporating feedback on those designs
- Experience in innovation exercises such as design, development or integration activities, to determine optimal paths toward implementation of complex feature designs
- Demonstrated design contribution to successful projects
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of self-motivation is essential – must be strongly engaged in the details of the system design and operability
- Service Oriented Architecture experience is a plus
- Software development experience is a plus
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$79,000.00 - $131,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.