Technical Program Manager
Please review the job details below.
Maxar’s Technology team is seeking a highly motivated Technical Program Manager to lead our Core Product initiatives. The Technology Organization builds the technical foundation behind Maxar’s flagship products. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the development and delivery of technology programs that support Maxar’s geospatial products. You will work with stakeholders to define project goals and ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and to a high level of quality.
• Manage multiple, complex technology programs for the platform simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize and re-plan as necessary to meet changing business needs.
• Develop and execute project plans, including project schedules, budgets, and risk mitigation plans for application initiatives.
• Identify and manage dependencies between application projects, programs, and teams.
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders, including technical and non-technical executives, to ensure that platform projects are aligned with business goals.
• Lead and manage cross-functional teams of technical resources, including software engineers, project managers, and business teams.
• Ensure that application projects are delivered with high quality, meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
• Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of application program delivery.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and willing and able to obtain Security Clearance
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or STEM related field.
• 3-5 years of experience in technical program management, with a proven track record of delivering complex technology projects.
• Strong project management and organizational skills, with experience using project management tools and methodologies.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
• Strong leadership and cross-functional team management skills.
• Experience in the satellite and/or geospatial industries is a plus.
• Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, and other project management tools.
• Experience with Agile methodologies
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$102,000.00 - $170,000.00 annually.
Additionally, this position is incentive eligible with a target based on contribution, company performance, and/or individual results achieved; the specific incentive plan and target amount will be determined based on the role and breadth of contributions.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.