Physical Security manager
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for a Physical Security Manager to join our team in Westminster, CO. This position will be responsible for interpreting requirements, developing & implementing security plans, procedures, and processes and engaging Cognizant Security Agencies (CSA) & Government Contracting Authority (GCA) to ensure critical National Security Information (NSI) is protected in accordance with policy and expectations. This position will provide development and oversight of all aspects of the Physical Security Program for collateral and SCI contracts and facilities. The focus of this role is to manage the overall physical security posture to ensure compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Directly manage a Security Officer organization of 15 over two Colorado locations
- Act as the hiring manager for Security Officers by building job requisitions, identifying the job skillsets, interviewing candidates, making hiring decisions, and onboarding new team members
- Implement, manage and audit the Maxar Physical Security Program through security policies, procedures, plans, work instructions, etc. to ensure the success of the Physical Security team
- Maintain Maxar’s GLOCK Blue Label Program
- Implement and manage a corporate Active Shooter Program
- Act as Site Security Manager (SSM) for accredited SCIFs and Collateral facilities
- Evaluate accredited facilities for threats, vulnerabilities, and assets to determine the most efficient countermeasures required for physical and technical security
- Ensure the requirements within ICD 705 are implemented and maintained
- Conduct periodic security inspections to ensure compliance with government and company policy
- Create, update and maintain accreditation paperwork for accredited facilities: Fixed Facility Checklists, Construction Security Plans, CTTA evaluations, SOPs, Emergency Action Plans, TSCM reports, self-inspection reports, UL 2050 certificates, intrusion detection, access control, power, HVAC, floor plans, TEMPEST, classified destruction, security-in-depth
- Manage Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS's), Access Control Systems (ACS's), and CCTV systems
- Manage security vendor contracts related to Physical Security
- Oversee physical security operations and management for Maxar’s headquarters and global office portfolio including Westminster, Longmont, Orlando, Sweden, London, Singapore, and Puerto Rico locations
- Support the Security Education & Awareness Program in all Physical Security matters
- US Citizen with active TOP SECRET clearance with the ability and willingness to obtain SCI accesses
- Bachelor’s degree or additional professional experience in the physical security field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant physical security experience
- Familiarity with and understanding of government regulations, such as ICD 705, NISPOM, NSCM
- Experience with access control systems
- Experience with security surveillance systems
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$104,000.00 - $173,000.00 annually.
Additionally, this position is incentive eligible with a target based on contribution, company performance, and/or individual results achieved; the specific incentive plan and target amount will be determined based on the role and breadth of contributions.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.