Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for a Physical Security Supervisor to join our team in Westminster and Longmont, CO. This position will be a lead Security Officer responsible for leading a team of officers across two Colorado locations while executing all aspects of Maxar’s Physical Security program, policies, and procedures.
- Lead a team of 15 Security Officers across two Colorado locations.
- Fulfill all duties and activities of a Security Officer to include monitoring CCTV, conducting security patrols of the interior and exterior of the facilities and its premises, front desk duties and responsibilities, classified entry/exit inspections, escorting security vendors, classified combination updates, and opening and closing classified areas.
- Ensure proper functioning of all aspects related to Physical Security.
- In partnership with the Physical Security Manager, support the hiring process by identifying the job skillsets, interviewing candidates, making hiring recommendations, and onboarding new team members.
- Implement, manage, and audit the Maxar Physical Security Program through security policies, procedures, plans, work instructions, Post Orders, SOPs etc. to ensure the success of the Physical Security team.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Physical Security Force to include ensuring employees work productively and develop professionally, provide solutions to issues, conduct administrative tasks, etc.
- Implement and maintain a weapons training program that includes inventory and management of weapons, ammo, and gear.
- Conduct training for new hires and current staff members.
- Oversee the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of staff members.
- Review the accuracy of Passdown reports, incident reports, Daily Activity Reports, service tickets, visitor logs, etc. prepared and/or worked by security officers.
- Other security related tasks assigned by Maxar security managers.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be willing to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance with SCI eligibility/with Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree, additional professional experience, or a combination of education and additional professional experience equivalent to four years; a high school diploma or GED is required at a minimum.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess satisfactory public relations and customer service skills, sufficient to allow positive interactions with Maxar employees, customers, visitors, first responders, and the public.
- Physical health to support climbing stairs and ladders, running, and walking the interior and exterior grounds on foot for extensive periods of time. These duties may need to be carried out in inclement weather conditions, including snow, ice, and excessive heat.
- Must have the ability to take the required firearms training courses and pass required training within six (6) months from hire date.
- Must be willing to attend and complete the NRA’s pistol instructor course within 12 months from hire date.
- Active DoD TOP SECRET clearance.
- Familiarity with and understanding of government regulations, such as ICD 705, Tech Specs, NISPOM and NSCM.
- Experience with access control systems.
- Experience with security surveillance systems.
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$71,000.00 - $119,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.