DevOps Engineer (TS/SCI req'd)
Please review the job details below.
Maxar's DeepCore Development Team seeks a DevOps Engineer with a software development background as a critical contributor in continually updating our cloud infrastructure with the latest technology stacks, architectural best practices, and CI-strategies. Our team researches, designs, develops, integrates, and maintains a platform for object detection and analysis in support of national security intelligence priorities.
Note: US citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance is mandatory for this position and required for consideration. Must be willing to submit to a CI Polygraph upon customer request.
Location: Northern Virginia (Herndon, or customer site)
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with software development, mission, and data science teams, using Docker to build, secure, maintain, and support applications.
- Actively seek ways to improve CI/CD performance and streamline the DevSecOps process.
- Using metrics and logs, identify opportunities to improve performance and reliability of our applications and systems.
- Use your experience with microservices to offer suggestions around architectural improvements in our applications.
- Ensure applications meet security control requirements.
- Support software development activities as needed.
- US citizenship with active TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field with minimum 4 years’ experience.
- Comfortable with Java Microservices, Docker, and Python.
- Knowledge of SQL databases (in particular, PostgreSQL)
- Moderate Linux system administration experience (RedHat, Ubuntu, and/or CentOS).
- Understanding of modern architecture paradigms such as microservices, pub/sub, event-driven, RESTful APIs
- Troubleshoot and resolve network, automation pipelines, and infrastructure issues.
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration management of release product.
- Passion for implementing self-healing systems and automation.
- Strong communication skills, an endless appetite to learn, and a bias to action.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated and help automate them.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience hardening systems including container images, client-server applications, and web applications.
- Experience with GIS data, systems, and concepts.
- Experience with Kubernetes or other cluster management services.
- CompTIA Security+ or comparable certification for privileged user access.
- Experience in data processing with the Department of Defense (DoD) and/or the IC.
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$107,000.00 - $179,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.