Please review the job details below.
Do you have a drive to contribute to our nation’s security and have direct impact on mission? Maxar has an urgent and immediate need for a Geospatial analyst to join our team at a customer-site in McLean and Chantilly, VA.
Life with Us
Project: We are a team working to advance today’s most pressing intelligence mission goals in support of our customer. Our daily efforts provide direct impact on national security priorities.
Your Career: We are quickly growing our team in the customer space and this opportunity will provide ample opportunity for career growth, whether in leadership or an expanded skillset. You will have the opportunity to work closely with leadership to help set your own goals and ensure you are on a path to achieving them.
- Dedicated professional development time
- Peer groups
- Education reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
- and much more...
Day-to-Day With Your Colleagues
- Support our nation’s intelligence mission through product generation and analysis
- Tackle complex and advanced geospatial analyses in support of mission
- Provide customer support in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Provide time-critical support to operations and analysis
- Collaborate to analyze and resolve emerging intelligence issues
- US Citizen with Current/active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience with at least three of the following: SIGINT, IMINT, MASINT, HUMINT, or OSINT collection capabilities and dissemination systems
- Experience analyzing current and emerging intelligence issues
- Experience crafting intelligence reports
- Experience with drafting cables
- Experience with data analysis tools or target analysis tools or applied analytic methodologies
- Excellent verbal skills: communication through briefs (informal and formal) and communication of targeting and analysis efforts to a technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent writing skills: ability to read and write cables, convey technical and targeting projects in Operational cables, as well as other written products (intels, Analytic products, etc) as needed
- Experience with complex and advanced geospatial analyses including change detection, feature extraction from imagery, view shed analysis, cost-distance analysis, travel time analysis and advanced multi-criteria analyses using complex arrays of data input
- Fluency with GIS tool suites: ESRI and Google Earth
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment, multi-task, organize and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to prepare formal written reports and present formal briefings
- Ability to research, analyze, prioritize effectively, problem solve, and synthesize large amounts of data and information
- Undergraduate degree (or 5 years’ equivalent experience, however meeting the degree requirements is preferred) in a field related to this position
- Sponsor, DoD, or other Intelligence Community expertise or qualifying experience is preferred but not required
- Experience with other geospatial software packages such as RemoteView, ERDAS, and QGIS
- Targeting experience
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$112,000.00 - $187,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.