Please review the job details below.
Maxar has an immediate need for a cleared Data Scientist to join our team as we work to transform Foundational Military Intelligence by building a foundational intelligence database for the future. In this role, you will be part of a team of data scientists working in an AGILE environment to design and implement highly automated means of discovering, ingesting, comparing, conflating, and assigning confidence levels to vast amounts of traditional and non-traditional data. This position provides opportunity to work with very large data sets and multiple data science techniques including supervised and unsupervised classification, clustering, identifying associated objects, anomaly and outlier detection, feature selection, and text mining.
Life with Us
Project: We are part of a team supporting the Data Transformation of Foundational Military Intelligence (DTMI) effort to evolve intelligence, military, and infrastructure data. The project goal is to provide analysts with optimized data to evaluate, document, and integrate the Foundational Military Intelligence (FMI). DTMI will enable everyone from U.S. warfighters to national security policymakers to make more effective, efficient, and proactive decisions in a modernized, scalable technology environment. As a DTMI Data Scientist you will develop and document agile, repeatable, and automated methodologies and transition paths for data migration and ingestion from the current state (e.g., MIDB or FounDRI) to the MARS Development and Operations (DevOps) environment. This project allows for a flexible work schedule working approximately part time at a client site SCIF (western suburbs, Arlington, or SE D.C.) and the remainder at the Maxar offices in Herndon or Arlington, or work from home. You have the flexibility to choose.
Your Career: We are quickly growing our team and this opportunity will provide ample opportunity for career growth and skillset development. You will have the opportunity to work closely with leadership to help set your own goals and ensure you are on a path to achieving them.
- Dedicated professional development time.
- Peer groups.
- Education reimbursement.
- Student loan forgiveness.
- and much more...
Day-to-Day with your Colleagues:
- Support the Data Integration Methodologies project team with algorithm and script development.
- Evaluate potential solutions to hard problems and then develop and implement your solution. Document your algorithm / scripts and present to your project team and the larger group.
- Work with a dispersed team in an AGILE environment with weekly stand-up meetings and collaboration via MS Teams. Work inside a client site SCIF is on an as needed basis.
- Current/active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8 years of relevant, professional experience as a Data Scientist.
- Experienced with Python and SQL.
- Ability to read and understand Java code.
- Experience working with MIDB data.
- Experience working in the DoD / Intelligence Community.
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$107,000.00 - $179,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.